Thanos Infinite Power (purple)

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have the 5* Thanos and if I put out his purple and try to use a power that puts out tiles or countdowns it will just do nothing. The AI however will just hold on to there powers until the countdown is gone. Normally for abilities like this the AI just uses powers as they get them so you can use some strategy to use powers to mitigate this.

This only seems to happen with countdown tiles though. Is the AI programmed to avoid using powers if Thanos has his purple out? I want to make sure this is intended then I will just use it to stop enemies from putting out a countdown tile.

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Certain power aren't allowed to fire (SS Black for example) and I suppose AI CD powers fall under that category. If a power has a damage component and a tile component the AI will still fire for damage and miss out on the tiles (Patch fired his green several times last event to do damage without creating tiles.)
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    You will find if you try to fire certain powers when Infinite Power is out and Thanos is not stunned that many powers will not fire.

The AI is not holding back. They cannot fire it, and so will wait it out, or fire if Thanos gets stunned.

Other powers will fire, but have no effect or just the non-board effect will happen.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    For example, Sentry's Sacrifice is a pretty bad deal when Infinite Power is out. (actually I haven't tested that. seems hilarious though)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    This works against Ultron.

Thought you'd like to know. When 5* Thanos purple cd is out, Ultron cannot destroy the bottom row. Gives you a few free turns.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Running IM40 + iceman against thano5 purple is my own little pleasure. When IMs recharge goes off i usually have around 18 blue. Normally that means stun-punch-stun. But! If I have already stunned anyone and thanos brings out his purple then it's just punch punch punch from there icon_e_smile.gif
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for replies all. And for the Ultron Tip I will be using Thanos for ultron now
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor

Thought you'd like to know. When 5* Thanos purple cd is out, Ultron cannot destroy the bottom row. Gives you a few free turns.

I noticed this as well, however shouldn't Ultron not be able to make bombs either? Isn't that a change to the board?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:

I noticed this as well, however shouldn't Ultron not be able to make bombs either? Isn't that a change to the board?

Seems to me that he shouldn't be able to make bombs, but he did. They just piled up at the top of the board.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Here's a post I started about what powers can fire during the Infinite Power CD being on the board, and which powers have to wait:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56883&p=648592#p635302

I haven't updated it for Ultron, or for the last couple of weeks of character releases.