Actually Liking Bonus Heroes and Vaulting

AtlasAxe
AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll start by saying since the death of cupcakes, I've moved from getting an Asgard a season to VIP with an occasional Logan's. The changes in rewards and my roster growth have made roughly F2P an option, and there is not really the incentive for me to go all out. I have never bought a Stark and am not a whale. I have 21 4* champed, so a reasonably strong roster.

This might be somewhat contrary to the general feelings I've seen out there, but I actually like vaulting and the bonus heroes, at least for 4*. This may be in part due to my current roster development. Here's what I see:

1. New 4* at a rate of 2/season, or 2 per 5 week period. That means a new character will cycle out after about 30 weeks
2. I can get enough ISO from play to champ a 4* about once per week without much of a stretch. Given I have to occasionally replant the 2* farm, I can call it 4 per 5 week period.
3. Limiting to 12 recent characters means it is highly likely I will be able to cover those characters in less than the 30 weeks.

Put it all together and it means that by the time Coulson and Mordo are ready to leave, any LT, classic or latest, is likely to give me something i need, and most or all of those characters will be champed. In the meanwhile, I can manage the flow of covers while I champ what is ready through some hoarding.

Just not sure what's not to like about this.