**** Nahrees ****

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in Speculation and Concepts
225px-Nahreesinhuman.jpg

blackflag.png Electric Guard 6 blacktile.png

Nuhree uses her electric blasts to get past the enemies defenses leaving a charge in place. Choose enemy protect tile to destroy. It becomes a charge tile.
If there are no special tiles create two random charge tiles instead and do 600 damage.

level 2: protect tiles or attack tiles.
level 3: protect, attack or strike tiles. damage increases to 800.
level 4: if no enemy special tiles exist create three random charge tiles
level 5: increase damage to 900 and make it enemy team damage

blueflag.png Shocking Touch 9 bluetile.png
Nuhree sends an intense amount of electricity through her opponent. Choose a basic tile or charge tile. If basic tile make it a charge tile and stun opponent for one turn. If a charge tile stun enemy for 3 turns.

level 2: if basic tile turn that tile and random tile within 3 to charge tile
level 3: increase basic stun to 2 turns and charged stun to 4 turns.
level 4: if basic tile turn that tile and 2 random tiles within 3 to charge tile
level 5: increase charged stun to 5 turns.

redflag.png Chain Lightening - 9 redtile.png

Nuhree sends a bolt of electricity from her hand at the enemy. Destroy a selected tile and deal 1000 damage. Then destroy random CHARGED tile within 1 tile destroy that tile and do 500 damage. Process repeats until no charge tiles within 1 tile of last destroyed tile.

level 2: First tile does 1250 damage. Following tiles do 750.
level 3: increase distance from 1 tile to 2 tiles.
level 4: First tile does 1500 damage. Following tiles do 900.
level 5: Increase distance to 3 tiles. Initial destroyed tile does 2000 damage and following tiles do 1250.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've never heard of this character. How do you pronounce her name? Is she an x-man or something?

Not a fan of powers that are terrible at rank 1 and very different/powerful at rank 5... Don't add team damage to Electric Guard at the very end just make it fully effective from the beginning. E.g. 2 tiles/low damage at rank 1, 3 tiles/moderate damage at rank 3, 4/high at rank 5. And all tile types (Attack/Protect/Strike) from the beginning.

Shocking Touch seems interesting; what's the intent? I feel like the AI will never get the stun off. But maybe that's ok if it's just a setup for her red? I dunno seems like 5-turn stun is awesome if you have at least 1 charged tile on the board...

Fun idea for a spec, since she's all about charging tiles and blowing them up I'd say this would be cooler as a Gambit spec since I have heard of that character and fans like him.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I've never heard of this character. How do you pronounce her name? Is she an x-man or something?

Not a fan of powers that are terrible at rank 1 and very different/powerful at rank 5... Don't add team damage to Electric Guard at the very end just make it fully effective from the beginning. E.g. 2 tiles/low damage at rank 1, 3 tiles/moderate damage at rank 3, 4/high at rank 5. And all tile types (Attack/Protect/Strike) from the beginning.

Shocking Touch seems interesting; what's the intent? I feel like the AI will never get the stun off. But maybe that's ok if it's just a setup for her red? I dunno seems like 5-turn stun is awesome if you have at least 1 charged tile on the board...

Fun idea for a spec, since she's all about charging tiles and blowing them up I'd say this would be cooler as a Gambit spec since I have heard of that character and fans like him.

She is an InHuman. Which is why I choose because mutants seem to be taking a back seat to InHuman, probably because Fox Studios sucks. That being said I would have done a similar variant with Gambit. On the Fox note sounds like Disney is moving ahead with publications with mutant comic books again. So maybe we'll see more characters. Wish Fox would make good movies though.

In regards to varying covers and powers: I actually really like covers varying at 5th level. I'd like to see more characters have slight enough difference that not everyone chooses 5/5/3 as the best build. That's my personal preference. That being said, I would have made her basically like you described if I wasn't trying to make a worthy while build choice. Also I feel like 4 charge tiles is too much for balance. But maybe not!

As for Shocking Touch I like the choice there. You can create some additional charge tiles or you can stun the opponent for longer. Until the AI is better you really can't make any powers for the AI. Stun make sense for an electric power and the choice gives it some spark. Pun intended.
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If they are to add any inhuman at all I think the next one should be Gorgon, Karnak, or Crystal. All 3 could have some cool powers!