PVE: Avengers vs Ultron (2017-03-09 to 2017-03-13)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
Notes from Brigby. Some highlights:

Ultron Boss
    o No longer matches tiles
Avengers Vs. Ultron Cover Store
    o Increased odds on Featured Characters
Bag of Tricks Legendary Cover Store
    o 10% chance for a Hawkeye (Clint Barton) cover o 90% chance at all the latest 4-Stars o Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Clint Barton Limited Vault
    o 40 items
    • 1 Bag of Tricks Legendary token • 1 random 4-Star cover • 3 Hawkeye (Hawkguy) covers (one of each) • 6 Heroic tokens • 4x 2500 Iso-8 • 6x 1000 Iso-8 • 5x 500 Iso-8 • 14 Random 2-Star covers

PVE: Avengers vs Ultron (2017-03-09) to (2017-03-13)

Event Info:
Once you join the event, you're locked in with your alliance until the end: no alliance hopping.

Each round features an Ultron node and 5 essential nodes. Your alliance works together to deplete Ultron's health for each round. The round starts with the Ultron node unlocked and the essentials locked. Win or lose against Ultron locks his node for 8 hours and all damage done to him contributes towards the round's progress. When Ultron's node is locked, the essentials unlock. Each essential node can be completed once and will unlock the Ultron node once cleared. New essential nodes become available at 8 hour intervals starting from when the event begins (12pm / 8pm / 4am EDT). There are 8 rounds total.

Clearing each round unlocks a node to fight against Ultron Prime. The first 5 Ultron Prime nodes grant an event token and the last 3 feature a character cover.
"

This Event Essentials:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_miles.png Miles Morales Spider-Man
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.png It's Me, Deadpool!
star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png Dark Avengers

New Characters:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_shield.png Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png Hawkguy

This Week:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_hawkeye.png Clint Barton
icon_blackwidow.png Natasha Romanoff
icon_ironman.png Mark XLVI

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png Carol Danvers
icon_deadpool.png Uncanny X-Force
icon_falcon.png Sam Wilson Captain America
icon_ironman.png Hulkbuster

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Grey Suit
icon_scarletwitch.png Wanda Maximoff
icon_falcon.png Sam Wilson Falcon
icon_caroldanvers.png Modern
icon_ironman.png Model 40

star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Original
icon_hawkeye.png Modern
icon_ms_marvel.png Ms. Marvel

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png Modern
icon_hawkeye.png Classic
icon_ironman.png Model 35

Progression Rewards:
5000: token_standard.png
10000: 100 iso8big.png
20000: Rainbow Damage Boost
36600: healthpackbig.png
66900: +3 Stockpile redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
106300: 140 iso8big.png
152800: star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblackflag.png
205500: 140 iso8big.png
264000: token_event.png
327500: 140 iso8big.png
395500: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png
468000: 250 iso8big.png
545000: 25 heropointsbig.png
625500: 250 iso8big.png
710000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png
775500: 500 iso8big.png
866000: 25 heropointsbig.png
969000: token_event.png
1080500: 1000 iso8big.png
1200000: token_legendary.png - Bag of Tricks

Round Rewards:
70000: token_event.png
120000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngblackflag.png
350000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png
880000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
1800000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.pngredflag.png
3000000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png
4800000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png
9700000: token_legendary.png - Bag of Tricks

Previous Runs:
2016-07-21 - Avengers vs Ultron
2015-06-21 - Avengers vs Ultron
2015-04-29 - Avengers vs Ultron - New Character Release Event - icon_ironman.png Hulkbuster star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
2015-04-23 - Avengers vs Ultron - New Character Release Event - icon_scarletwitch.png Wanda Maximoff star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Comments

• ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Round 1 essentials:
    -Miles Morales
    -Deadpool (It's me, Deadpool!)
    -Captain Marvel
    -Iron Man
    -Hawkeye
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Now, I've run these events before, so I know how it works. Every 8 hours the fights get a little harder, with bigger jumps at 24/48/72 hours. However, I went from fighting bots in the 30-50 range with an occasional level 60 to level 276. Come on. Couldn't we be a LITTLE more gradual? Maybe something like no more than +100 levels a jump? It'd be great if I could participate in a boss fight for more than 24 hours.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    XPool and IMHB are a godsend. Gather Red and Purple. Launch Purple, let Ultron kill himself, use IMHB red to clean up.

Doesn't matter who the third is at this point.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event has given me a new appreciation for Gwenpool. Even badly under-covered, her, IM40 and 3* Steve are carrying the day against Ultron. Of course Ultron helps a lot by frequently stacking multiple bombs in a column....
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That sounds like a great team for board control here. I've been using Goblin's yellow passive to fortify IM40's yellow and Thano5 green countdowns because they don't get destroyed at the bottom of the board. IM40's red at five covers is good to have when he comes out of his stun.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon wrote:
    XPool and IMHB are a godsend. Gather Red and Purple. Launch Purple, let Ultron kill himself, use IMHB red to clean up.

Doesn't matter who the third is at this point.

I throw in Quake as the third, mostly to use her blue to pop all of XPool's count down tiles.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IM40 and Hulk generate Green, Moon Knight takes care of the rest
  • chibitoaster
    Options
    icon_evil.gif
    This is the second time I have played every single possible battle in this event and ended up 10k short for the final token.

If you're going to make it impossible except for the top ranking alliances, just say that. I am getting a little tired of blowing through 35 health packs, playing every day, only to come up short on the rewards.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1 ultron clear short of full progression!!!
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    :evil:
    This is the second time I have played every single possible battle in this event and ended up 10k short for the final token.

If you're going to make it impossible except for the top ranking alliances, just say that. I am getting a little tired of blowing through 35 health packs, playing every day, only to come up short on the rewards.
    Do you mean you played every fight and frequently failed to clear it? If that is the case, you just need to keep working on your roster. Hitting max progression has nothing to do with top alliances. You might need to try different strategies or team compositions.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :evil:

My Alliance is by no means a top Alliance (usually top 200-ish) but we managed to blow through Ultron with Little difficulty. You do need to keep pace to reach the final rewards though - the Points increase dramatically in the later rounds, so if you take too long opening them up you may not be able to get all progression rewards. In short, you need to make sure the entire Alliance contributes and does their best.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    My alliance is not a top alliance but I was still able to get the final token with 17 minutes left and 2 nodes still available.