4* Vaulting BH Progress Report

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So now that we've been living with the new Bonus Hero/Vaulting system for 8 days now (going by announcement on 3/1), how is everybody doing? I'd like to keep this particular conversation as negative-free as possible. There are many other threads where that is taking place.

That being said...

At the beginning of the announcement, I had 4 of the 12 4*s champed. I had 4 cover maxed that were just waiting for iso and priority (at the time, I had -and actually still have- 2 Hood covers pending that would give me my Ghost Rider reward, +1 in inventory). I switched gears then and gave Spider Woman priority.

8 days later...

I have 6 of the 12 4*s champed and 4 cover maxed. My other 3 characters are much higher and have 12 (Medusa - 5/2/5), 11 (Agent V), 10 (riri).

I have 3 bl4de covers pending, and 2 wasp covers pending. Bl4de gets the priority here (though I wish it was C4rol.)

I am now going into hoard mode since I cannot risk gaining any more champ-able covers until I get more iso.

System seems to be working as intended, though my results may be skewed as I'm 0/25 in legendary pulls, which is awful for my 5* transition, but great for giving covers to 4*s.

In a few days, we'll lose two of the characters that I have champed, which will bring me down to 4 of the 4*s champed, 4 cover maxed, three in the close range (see above) and then Mordo (0/2/4) and Coulson (0/3/3). This addition will not change my need to hoard.

How is everyone else doing?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before I was hoarding hoping on champion some of my favorites that have 10+ covers soon: Hulkbuster, Ant-Man, Ice Man, Thoress, etc. Now I've abandoned trying to get those because the risk of the rare bonus cover being unusable is too high... I tried to champ my 3/4/5 Ant-Man and got 2 yellows.... My 5/5/0 Ice Man and 5/4/0 Thoress are definitely lost causes now..

I have gotten 2 new champs from latest, Peggy (woot) and Moon Knight. I also have Luke Cage and Gwenpool at 13 with extra covers pending, but there's no way I can afford to champ them both in 2 weeks, back to hoarding.

For the first time in ages I have 20+ covers pending most of which will probably go to waste. (Pending: 2 Ant-man, 4 Spider-Woman, 2 Kate Bishop, 4 Gwenpool, 1 Luke Cage, and bunch of 2*s that I can't afford to open new roster slots to restart their farms due to the sudden influx of characters to roster)

I'm loving the new system... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Definitely done paying for this game while characters remain vaulted...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I already had Peggy champed before bonus hero feature rolled out; Moon Knight, Spider Woman and Gwenpool were at 13 covers and everyone else was partially covered.

Opened 30 tokens on bonus hero day. Carol went to 13+3 covers and was championed a few days later. Gwenpool is going to get championed in a few days, between tokens and event rewards she has 6 covers in queue now. Agent Venom and Medusa are at 12 covers now, Blade, Luke Cage and Kate Bishop are at 11 while Iron Heart is at 10 covers.

When I get my queue cleared out Mordo and Coulson will be in the token pool. I'll open more tokens until someone hits 13+1 covers and stop and champion them. Medusa is my bonus hero right now. Once she has a 13th cover I'll probably make someone outside of the vault my bonus hero.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My goal is to champion each 4* hero before they get moved out of the Latest 12, and then spend possible extra ISO on 2* farm and maybe 5*s if I win any.

So far, I'm keeping up!

All old 4*s championed, including Kate and MK. Many Latest 4*s champed: LC, Medusa, Peggy, SWoman.

I now have Wasp and Gwenpool at 13 covers, so they should both be championed in the next few weeks. The rest are getting their covers quite quickly.

I will sometimes waste some covers, such as not being able to champion Wasp or Gwenpool fast enough, but I'm okay with that. I'll just do my best.

If possible, I will have the majority of Latest 4*s championed, and then I won't stress as much when new ones enter the pool. That will require making around 800,000+ iso per month. Hopefully that can be done! If not, then some covers will go to waste... not the end of the world.

I will favorite a new character if I have dupes and it's under 13 covers, and there are no other non-championed characters I have at under 13 covers. Other than those, I'm favoriting 4* characters who are awesome, such as Rhulk, or else ones that are one cover away from winning a new LT from champion rewards.

Even though the vaulting means more covers are potentially going to waste, it's nice not to need to wait around a year to go from new release to championed for the 4*s.

I'll also put any new 3* as a favorite, such as the new HawkGuy, once he's available.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    I had 5 of the 12 champed when the update came through (Peggy, Kate, MK, Wasp, Cage), with Spiderwoman max covered as well. Since then I’ve been forced to hoard, as just over three days I got so many 4*’s (a surprisingly number from Heroic tokens, including a bonus hero) that I had to stop while I rechamped my 2* farm and built up enough ISO for the now maxed covered Carol, Blade and 12 covered Medusa (my bonus hero currently). I did get a green Gwenpool from the EotS vault, but I’ve already sold it as mine is 3/4/5 and even if I did get a purple or black in the next week, I’d rather spend the ISO on those above.

Overall I’m happy with the concentrated new release pool, I just feel I was unprepared for its sudden release and how quickly those new characters would accumulate in that new system (no 5*’s yet since the update though, bonus or otherwise.) Whether you like it or not, you have to start hoarding at some point with the new system, because ISO isn’t coming in any faster with the diminished champ levels all around. Though I’m still in the 30-40,000 range of daily ISO intake if it’s a normal event day (no gauntlets or boss events, just regular one day sub events and a 575pt goal each PVP, plus daily individual & alliance rewards, intercepts, and VIP.), so maybe that's just me being pessimistic.

But I do look forward to playing them and if the game wants me to put off champing Fury, Elektra, FalCap, Eddie Venom and the others I’ve got max covered but I can't get excited about playing with, then I’m okay with that. They’ll just stay at the level they need to beat their Crashes.

I’d imagine that even if I “caught up” with the new 12 character pool (meaning all champed, not realistic right now admittedly), I’d then still have to hoard resources to be ready for the next character release when they do rotate in, especially if they continue the 2 characters at time rotation. Long term, I’m not sure yet how I’m going to feel about that, as opening stuff everyday is a big part of the fun of the game (for me), little rewards that make the grind more palpable.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I had Peggy champed, spiderwoman covered, and Kate at 2/2/5 before the change. Now I have spiderwoman champed and Kate at 12 covers. She's not quite a lost cause at 3/4/5 so I might try her as bonus if I don't cover her before she leaves.
    Haven't pulled Peggy, MK, Gwenpool, or AV at all pulled. No bonus heroes from legendaries, 1 bonus 4* and 2 bonus 3* total
    I have a kingpin on the vine and no iso, but I'm not hoarding yet, after Kate none of the 12 are close
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The day before the feature went live I chose to champ Flaptain over Bl4de......whoops.

So I've sold some Bl4de covers, but champed Wasp and now have her at 284 (seems like all I draw is Wasp covers!) I've pulled my 9-16th covers for Riri as well so I will probably champ her in the next 8d unless I can manage to grab a 3rd green for Carol (have 4 of her on the vine) who is at level 250. I'm selling all my Agent Venom covers, and I had Kate, MK, Peggy, Spider Woman, C4ge, Gwenpool, and Medusa champed before the change. So within 3 weeks I should be able to finish up Riri, Carol, and Bl4de. Then I'll let Venom die and focus my efforts on Mordo/Coulson. It will be really nice to not have to worry about pulling useless 4* covers anymore.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peggy SpiderWoman and Gwenpool champed in the soon to be current pool. Only need Carol black and Riri red or green for current set. Mordo needs 9, Coulson 6. One other will get champed shortly. It was slated for Blade but the reviews on the Wasp re-work are crazy positive so I'm debating that. I'm estimating Blade is in the tokens for 3 months more than Wasp though so it's close from a "don't waste" perspective.

I have 13 Wasp on the vine, 8 Blade. Then 7 Cage, 6 Carol (who is 2/5/5 so locked), and 1-2 of the others. Most of those covers will burn but I don't care. It's still ~25k iso that I can use for other things.

After tonight I'm hoarding until day before Strange rolls out, so I can build up iso for another champ, likely Medusa. After that set, if I champ Wasp I'll hoard until she or Thanos rolls out, whichever happens first. If I'm not quite caught up by then, I'll hoard again until Panther's out. After that I'll see where I'm at and figure out a plan.

I'll burn any AVenom, Riri, Cage and Wasp/Blade covers I get along the way, unless for some reason there's double iso events/I have awful 5* luck and have an iso surplus. I should be able to get anyone else including the new releases up to speed after that. May be some waste on Mordo/Coulson/next guys but it should be minimal.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I had 4/12 champ before the vaulting icon_peggycarter.pngicon_moonknight.pngicon_katebishop.pngicon_lukecage.png
    Champed 1 more GwenpoolIcon.PNG
    2 fully covered wasp_icon.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG
    2 12-covers medusa_icon.pngicon_blade.png
    3 9-covers Riri_Icon.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_venom.png

3 covers dying on the vine. icon_venom.pngicon_blade.pngwasp_icon.png