How about this for vaulting?

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
Okay so what about changing the vault to be like this?

First we would have to change the order of boosted 4*. Since there are 5 boosted in a week have one of those be a new 4* and the other 4 be old 4* (also this might be currently implemented I'm not sure)

From there have the vaults be the 12 newest plus the 4 that are boosted.

This would allow people to hoard and try to go for their favorites, have the new 12 be more prevalent, and have it be predictable for when you want to draw.

Like for now it would be the 12 + red hulk, x23, miles, and cho.

Would this be a compromise that the community would be interested in?

Comments

• Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    The problem with this is that there's new boosted characters every week. That would mean changing the packs every week, as opposed to now which is only once a season (when the new four stars rotate in).

There have been others saying there should be latest and classic packs, but that just dilutes the pool again (which is what vaulting is trying to stop). I think a better solution would be to put some of the old covers in the PVP packs. Yes, those cost more than heroic packs, but it does give you a chance to get an older character, plus the rotation is faster (meaning you don't have to wait that long until there's a character you want).
  • Tromb2ch2
    Suddenreal wrote:
    The problem with this is that there's new boosted characters every week. That would mean changing the packs every week, as opposed to now which is only once a season (when the new four stars rotate in).

There have been others saying there should be latest and classic packs, but that just dilutes the pool again (which is what vaulting is trying to stop). I think a better solution would be to put some of the old covers in the PVP packs. Yes, those cost more than heroic packs, but it does give you a chance to get an older character, plus the rotation is faster (meaning you don't have to wait that long until there's a character you want).
    So you are saying that instead of rotating it every week it should rotate every PvP event? That's rotating a lot faster.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

First we would have to change the order of boosted 4*. Since there are 5 boosted in a week have one of those be a new 4* and the other 4 be old 4* (also this might be currently implemented I'm not sure)

This would allow people to hoard and try to go for their favorites, have the new 12 be more prevalent, and have it be predictable for when you want to draw.

Still not enough for people who don't want to ignore a broad range of champions or need to develop a broad roster in the first place, when somebody has chopped off one of your arms, a band-aid isn't really a sufficient response to the problem. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Crowl wrote:

Still not enough for people who don't want to ignore a broad range of champions or need to develop a broad roster in the first place, when somebody has chopped off one of your arms, a band-aid isn't really a sufficient response to the problem. icon_mrgreen.gif
    Okay then I'll stick with my original liking of the vault. Just thought I would offer an alternative.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

I do like the idea overall. Anything to rotate a few older 4* out of the vault. I feel like the only problem is that... this will only encourage hoarding and splurging. Kind of like tacos... you don't spend them unless you really need a healthpack, or if you have a bunch and a 4* you want pops up. That would be the same idea here. I am all for the idea of rotating a few extras into the packs, however they want to decide to do so.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just let the player pick their own vault. Now, the game is old enough, the influx of new characters high enough, and the range of players with and without certain characters is wide enough that this is the only thing that makes sense.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about no vaulting at all?