In celebration of Logan, 2 events with OML locked out.

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Its sorta ironic that the release of Logan features a pvp and pve event that locks out OML. Maybe Marvel told Demi to do that on purpose?

edit:
But I did appreciate the X-23 buff. it was fun to play with that char again. She just needs a slight tweak to be an every day 4* chara. Personally they should tweak savage healing so that it heals on any green, red, pink match.

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Or we could look at it as the only two Wolverine focused events in the game.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    My husband's plays OML a lot. It is kind of fun watching him live without.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    FaerieMyst wrote:

You need Jesus. icon_e_sad.gificon_lol.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    Its sorta ironic that the release of Logan features a pvp and pve event that locks out OML. Maybe Marvel told Demi to do that on purpose?

Personally, I think it's a good joke.
    edit:
    But I did appreciate the X-23 buff. it was fun to play with that char again. She just needs a slight tweak to be an every day 4* chara. Personally they should tweak savage healing so that it heals on any green, red, pink match.

Her green needs to turn into Berserker Fury when you have 9 red and not have to be fired twice.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    edit:

Her green needs to turn into Berserker Fury when you have 9 red and not have to be fired twice.

They should reduce the downside of not having enough red for sure, perhaps Holding Back could produce 1 strike all the time or two weaker ones than Berserker Fury so that there was better synergy with Tracking Prey.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's continue this trend for a full season.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    No thanks, I just got my yellow from Resupply and I'm loving him.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    edit:

They should reduce the downside of not having enough red for sure, perhaps Holding Back could produce 1 strike all the time or two weaker ones than Berserker Fury so that there was better synergy with Tracking Prey.

No it wouldn't. It would make it worse, because if you lose the red, you would lose Berserker Fury. This is a nerf, not a buff. It SOUNDS good because you could use Berserker Fury right off the bat, getting the strikes out quicker, but it punishes you going forward from that. As-is, it costs 17 AP for the first use (9 red, 8 green), and then 8 green for each subsequent use. This change would make it require that 17 AP EVERY TIME, which goes to hell if you try to run a red-user, or play against any of the numerous characters that steal or destroy AP.

It's not even a bad thing as-is, and I don't think it needs changing in the first place, but if you want to buff it, I'd make Holding Back do damage like normal, and when you have enough red AP, drop strikes THEN change, so you get the benefit of Berserker Fury during the change, instead of waiting for the second use (you could even have it ramp up, with weaker strikes, or only one dropped, if that balances better).
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    JHawkInc wrote:
    It's not even a bad thing as-is, and I don't think it needs changing in the first place, but if you want to buff it, I'd make Holding Back do damage like normal, and when you have enough red AP, drop strikes THEN change, so you get the benefit of Berserker Fury during the change, instead of waiting for the second use (you could even have it ramp up, with weaker strikes, or only one dropped, if that balances better).

I agree completely. I was shredding ninjas with X-23, Punisher Max, and Classic Cyclops all week. In some of the wave nodes, I had match 3s doing 4k damage by the end. Cyclops gave me an easy way to know when I had enough red AP to shift it to Berserker Fury (though Holding Back was still doing 9k damage, so it could one shot until the later clears of the high nodes). I could use Cyclops' blue to get enough red quicker (then fire his red off once I had Berserker Fury up), then shift over to Punisher's to create even more strike tiles.

I'm close to champing Nova, so he might take Pun's spot next time X-23 is boosted, but either way, she can already wreck house.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    There was an oooold PvP event which was entirely focused on Wolverine: on each of the 3 node, the required characters are 2, 3, and 4-star Wolverine respectively, and the opponent you fight would have the same rarity Wolverine. I thought it would have been cool to re-run that with an OML node added. Seems like a waste.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    There was an oooold PvP event which was entirely focused on Wolverine: on each of the 3 node, the required characters are 2, 3, and 4-star Wolverine respectively, and the opponent you fight would have the same rarity Wolverine. I thought it would have been cool to re-run that with an OML node added. Seems like a waste.
    Sounds fun, and different.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards

i believe it was called "best there is"
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    No it wouldn't. It would make it worse, because if you lose the red, you would lose Berserker Fury. This is a nerf, not a buff. It SOUNDS good because you could use Berserker Fury right off the bat, getting the strikes out quicker, but it punishes you going forward from that. As-is, it costs 17 AP for the first use (9 red, 8 green), and then 8 green for each subsequent use. This change would make it require that 17 AP EVERY TIME, which goes to hell if you try to run a red-user, or play against any of the numerous characters that steal or destroy AP.

Well it doesn't even cost 17, it only requires that you have 17. It still only costs 8; then you can go spend that 9 Red however you like. All you're losing is the ability to have used that Red AP for something else earlier.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards

When they tried that with the Deadpool PvP the last time (where you could choose either 3* or 4* DP), it broke their MMR. That's why we got the Patch PvP instead this offseason. If they could ever fix the MMR, it would be nice to have off-the-wall events like that.

And now with Combined Arms, it's yet another event without OML.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Let's continue this trend for a full season.

Personally I'm happy to fight Oml anytime. He's very easy to manage. Goblin, 5tony, Phoenix , even 5cap these days are all much more difficult to face. And bolt eats Oml for breakfast.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:
    FaerieMyst wrote:

You need Jesus. icon_e_sad.gificon_lol.gif

Nah. I've got Deadpool.