Hawkeye? For real?

Aidonis
Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hawkeye as a 5 star. Let that sink in. In a game where Magneto and Dr Doom, 2 of the most revered villains in the mcu, are throw away 3 star characters.

Hawkeye.

Blah.

Comments

• whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    * have to do with rarity, not the power of the character
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Wouldn't call Mags a throwaway, but yeah Hawkeye wasn't expected with Iron Fist dropping on Netflix next week.

Do not discuss unannounced characters and/or features. Posting data mined information on the forums can result in you being banned from both the forums and the game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, for real. It's fine that you don't like the character but others do.

And he's only been in one less movie than MCU Black Widow, and more prevalent than the last MCU release of Black Panther. As for Doom & Mags, they aren't in the MCU.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Wouldn't call Mags a throwaway, but yeah Hawkeye wasn't expected with Iron Fist dropping on Netflix next week.

With their 4-4-5-4-4-5 release schedule, I wasn't expecting Iron Fist this time around. My bet was (and still is) that he'll be a 4* like Luke, and we'll see him as one of the next 4*'s
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

This needs stickying.
    Every new character that comes out "Seriously? Since when is X more powerful than Y?"
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker

This needs stickying.
    Every new character that comes out "Seriously? Since when is X more powerful than Y?"

Right, because every 5* that comes out is exponentially stronger than the tiers below it. I guess I just have to remember it in my head that hawkeye can't steamroll the incredible hulk in real life.

Hard to believe people have a problem with that. /s
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Aidonis wrote:

This needs stickying.

Right, because every 5* that comes out is exponentially stronger than the tiers below it. I guess I just have to remember it in my head that hawkeye can't steamroll the incredible hulk in real life.

Didn't hawkeye recently kill the hulk in the comics?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    1l14c8.jpg
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Aidonis wrote:

This needs stickying.

You wanna know what's really funny?

You cannot use Chulk and Hulk on the same team because of reasons in the comic books (apparently Cho used nanites to actually extract and absorb the hulk from Banner). Similar with Venom and Agent Venom (it's the same symbiote with different hosts). Yet, despite this, for some strange reason they are perfectly okay with being able to play a Hawkeye that when max level could easily solo defeat a team of Magneto, Doctor Doom, and the Incredible Hulk (Banner) also at max level.

Apparently comics consistency is 100% arbitrary.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017

Didn't hawkeye recently kill the hulk in the comics?
    5* Hawkeye's blue doesn't have a gamma ray arrow so this Hulk is safe.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Aidonis wrote:

My concern is what I'll tell my kids when they pick up this game.

"Daddy, daddy, I'm so confused. The star tier structure doesn't line up with what I know to be long-established differences in the characters' powers as represented in comics, film and television. Why is Eddie Brock a greater star level than Doctor Doom, when they are clearly not peers? This creates a false dichotomy where character power levels seem to have no relationship with the characters themselves, or the body of work that spawned them."

"Son, it's a match-3 game. Take your pedantic whining and passive-aggressive **** to the D3 forums, where it belongs."
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Squirrel Girl has beaten Thanos, Wolverine, Dr. Doom, and talked Galactus into not devouring the Earth. Clearly we need a 6* Squirrel Girl or else this game makes no sense at all!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are three official threads for Hawkeye/Hawkguy. Please use one of them to discuss this new character.

Official announcement
    :star:star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Hawkeye (Clint Barton) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    :star:star.pngstar.png Hawkeye (Hawkguy) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Also, remember that being negative is OK if you're being constructive in your arguments, but negativity for negativity's sake is against forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.