*** Hawkeye (Hawkguy) ***

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Hawkeye (Hawkguy) icon_hawkeye.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
At Max Level: HP: 9265 12/13/70/79/11/61/3.0x
    Because… Boomerangs 12 purpletile.png AP
    Boomerang arrow, it comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it. Creates 3 strength 26 Red Strike tiles and a 3-turn Purple Countdown tile that removes up to 3 friendly Strike tiles and deals 611 damage.
      Level 2: Creates 3 strength 33 Red Strike tiles and a 3-turn Purple Countdown tile that removes up to 3 friendly strike tiles and deals 701 damage. Level 3: Creates strength 38 Red Strike tiles and removes up to 3 friendly Strike tiles and deals 818 damage. Level 4: Creates strength 44 red Strike tiles and a 2-turn Purple Countdown tile that removes up to 3 friendly Strike tiles and deals 935 damage. Level 5: Creates 4 strength 55 Red Strike tiles and a Countdown tile that when reaches 0 removes up to 3 friendly tiles and deals 1169 damage.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Gain 2 Blue, 2 Red AP and Fortify 2 Countdown tile. Level 4: Gain 2 Blue, 2 Red AP and Fortify 3 Countdown tile. Level 5: Gain 3 Blue, 2 Red AP and Fortify 3 Countdown tile.

Full Quiver 5 bluetile.png AP - will probably migrate this to the table I've seen in the 5 star, bear with me!
      Hawkeye pulls another incredible trick arrow from his quiver and fires. This Power starts as Bola Arrow. When you fire it, this power becomes Explosive Arrow, and there are 6 arrows remaining. Once used, Hawkeye is out of arrows.
      Click on below thumbnail for larger stat image:
      Hawkeye_3starstats_thumb.jpg

No Good News blacktile.png 10 AP
        Hawkeye gets caught off guard, to say the least. Everything awful, oh god somebody do something. Restore 568 health to Hawkeye and create 2 random strength 22 enemy Protect, Strike or Attack tiles.

(PASSIVE) Whenever yuo match an enemy special tile, gain 1 Blue AP and 1 Purple AP.
          Level 2: Heals Hawkeye for 735 damage and creates 3 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles. Level 3: Heals Hawkeye for 813 damage and if you match an enemy special tile, gain 2 Blue AP. Level 4: Heals Hawkeye for 952 damage. Level 5: Heals Hawkeye for 1197 damage, creates 4 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles, and gain 2 Purple AP if you match an enemy special tile.
        Max Level:
          Level 3: Heals hawkeye for 2,538 health and creates 3 random strength 70 enemy Protect, Strike or Attack tiles. Gain 2 Blue AP and 1 Purple AP for matching an enemy special tile. Level 4: Heals Hawkeye for 2,972 damage. Level 5: Heals Hawkeye for 3,737 damage and creates 4 random strength 70 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles. Whenever you match an enemy special tile gain 2 Blue AP and 2 Purple AP.

Comments

• Pylgrim
          Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
          Quick correction: For the max level descriptions of his purple ability you have 5* Hawkeye's.
        • Forbush
          Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
          ...why, oh why is his black ability not titled, "Okay - I Know This Looks Bad..."?!
        • ErikPeter
          ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
          So does 3-star Hawkguy get the purple passive? I'm doubting he gets the fortification, but the current stats are suffering from copypasteitis. Let's hope he still has that IM40 love. 21 Blue and 18 Red AP for only 6 yellow. Wowza.
        • Anon
          Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
          5 Black seems like a must.
        • Jaedenkaal
          Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
          ErikPeter wrote:
          So does 3-star Hawkguy get the purple passive? I'm doubting he gets the fortification, but the current stats are suffering from copypasteitis. Let's hope he still has that IM40 love. 21 Blue and 18 Red AP for only 6 yellow. Wowza.

Not a chance icon_e_wink.gif

That's also why he doesn't have a Red active, I'd imagine. That would just be stupid.

Hey Cthulu, thanks for all your hard work posting stats for characters whose stats aren't actually visible in the game icon_e_wink.gif That seems really tedious, maybe you should push for an interface that lets us see the descriptions and numbers for alternate powers (OML, Chekov's Gun, Take Off, Hide & Seek, Full Quiver, the list goes on...). Seems like that would make your work a lot easier and it would be much easier for players to see what these powers do at a glance.

For a player who doesn't read the forums, Full Quiver especially might feel like a huge mystery that's too complicated to even bother with; the in-game description sort of explains the process but basically none of the effects. I bet a large number of players will think the power does flat-out nothing after the 7 arrows are done.
        • Cthulhu
          Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
          We are working on getting something in that shows switched or changed stats in the roster, it's a pain right now, and appreciate the thanx! I like this one better now and may do this for Hawkeye 5 star with the thumbnail that leads to a larger image, it's just cleaner and should be easier to read. Let me know what you guys think!
        • Pylgrim
          Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
          The max-level descriptions for his purple power are still wrong... icon_e_confused.gif
        • Anon
          Anon wrote:

I thought it gave your team special tiles. After rereading I'm not sure I like this much.
        • Quebbster
          Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
          Anon wrote:
          Anon wrote:

I thought it gave your team special tiles. After rereading I'm not sure I like this much.
          Yeah, I was a bit perplexed by your post. Healing is nice and all, but you are usually better off maxing the skills that do damage.

I was also struck by the irony that Hawkguy has a seemingly endless supply of Boomerang Arrows but only one each of the other Arrows. I'll just have to do Out of Arrows followed by Boomerang Arrow at some Point just for the sillyness of it.
        • escart85
          escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
          Forbush wrote:
          ...why, oh why is his black ability not titled, "Okay - I Know This Looks Bad..."?!

THIS !!!!!! This should be the skill name.
        • Skrofa
          Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
          Quebbster wrote:
          Anon wrote:
          Anon wrote:

Yeah, I was a bit perplexed by your post. Healing is nice and all, but you are usually better off maxing the skills that do damage.

I was also struck by the irony that Hawkguy has a seemingly endless supply of Boomerang Arrows but only one each of the other Arrows. I'll just have to do Out of Arrows followed by Boomerang Arrow at some Point just for the sillyness of it.

One could argue that the boomerang arrow is just one, and it always comes back?

OT. I kind of like him. Not strang3 or thanos3 but, just, OK. He is no psylocke either
        • Piro_plock
          Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
          Forbush wrote:
          Because of this:
          hawkblocking.jpg
          ...and, to be honest, I think that "Okay - I Know This Looks Bad..." would be a bit too long.
        • Punisher5784
          Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
          In what world does Hawkeye have true healing from jumping out of bed naked?
        • Seems like a clear cut 5/5/3 to me. No Good News may be good in a pinch, but I can't imagine many scenarios where I'd want to prioritize it over better 3* abilities (BP, Cage, Cyke). From 3 to 5 covers his heal goes from ~25% to ~40% of total health and you only gain 1 extra purple AP from the passive aspect.

Still, I'm excited to try him out. Hopefully Full Quiver is more practical than it looks.
        • Jaedenkaal
          Those Full Quiver numbers still seem wrong. 3* characters do just over 3 times as much damage at max level (166) compared to level 40.
        • notamutant
          notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          He is really good against ultron sentries. Even at 2 covers I was able to use his blue move 4 times in one match.
        • TPF Alexis
          TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
          It seems weird to me to have his full team damage attack as the last one. Feels like that would be better earlier on, when there's more likely still a full team on the other side.

It's a cool bunch of effects, but I seem to have terrible luck with countdown tiles surviving outside of minion fights, so I'm not hugely enthusiastic at first look. I like Clint as a character, tho, so I'll give him a try.
        • Anon
          notamutant wrote:
          He is really good against ultron sentries. Even at 2 covers I was able to use his blue move 4 times in one match.

This. Against his node I used him with IM40 and got most of his arrows out in 1 turn.

Match ended before they went off though icon_e_sad.gif
        • Jaedenkaal
          Anon wrote:
          Match ended before they went off though icon_e_sad.gif

I think this is as first-world as first-world problems get. icon_lol.gif
        • Jaedenkaal
          Jaedenkaal wrote:
          Those Full Quiver numbers still seem wrong. 3* characters do just over 3 times as much damage at max level (166) compared to level 40.

After a little more research it looks like the Full Quiver numbers are for levels ~140 and 266, not 40 and 166.