Add a 3rd CP pack

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
We've all seen the backlash over vaulting characters and it sounds like the devs have heard and are doing something to address it. I have a suggestion (thought it's probably more of a long term suggestion than an immediate one). Create a 3rd CP pack.

25 CP - Latest, exactly the same as is in game now.
20 CP - Up and Coming, All 5* but the 3 latest, plus 12 middle aged 4*s
10/15 CP - Classics - 4* only pack containing any 4* not in the top 24/limited section.

Example of how this would look with today's:
Indye17.jpg

As more 4* come into latest the older ones shift to the right and classics is a catch all that would grow in size. At some point in the future once 5* become super diluted 5* could start sliding that way as well.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The obvious drawback to such a plan, plenty of people will want a broad range of 4*s in order to feed their steadily growing roster of champs and then they want a reasonable chance of getting the 5*s that they want, forcing people to abandon 5*s entirely or severely curtail their 4* roster development seems like as big a step backwards as the current vaulting system.

Latest legends should have two versions - one with all the 4*s and latest 5*s, one with just latest 4*s and 5*s.

Classics should have multiple versions (or generations) - each one should include all 4*s and 4 of the older 5*s (in chronological order) so the odds of getting what you want has improved but is still worse than latest legends.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the OP's idea.

/Vote +1.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suggest Archive Legendaries to include all the non-classic, non-latest legends (as a name). And also for the oldest Epic characters to go there. 15 CP would be the lowest possible cost, but it would probably have to be 20.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wrote something similar just yesterday... completely agree.