Paging Mr. Purple Bullseye 2*

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have three green and three black bullseye dying on the vine. I need 1 purple. When I look at the vaults all I see are green and black covers. Does anyone know how these colors are rotated over time?

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    AFAIK the 2* covers in the Taco vaults are just random.

I feel your pain, though. I once had no less than ten 2* Daken covers in my queue, all unusable because the game simply wouldn't drop the last black cover that I needed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's annoying when that happens. It took me forever to find a yellow CStorm cover once. RNGesus giveth and RNGesus keeps away... but eventually you'll get the covers. Can you use the dying covers to start a dupe?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once had 29 OBW covers slowly expiring while waiting for that final blue. Luckily for me I did pull a random one from an elite token. Does anyone else love elite tokens? I do. My 2* farm sure does
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny thing is, my 2:nd steam account has three PURPLE bullseye dying on the vine icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I once had 29 OBW covers slowly expiring while waiting for that final blue. Luckily for me I did pull a random one from an elite token. Does anyone else love elite tokens? I do. My 2* farm sure does
    I still wish at higher cl you no longer get standard tokens and only get elites...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Ah, the purple. I need a purple or a green champ my Bullseye, and have several black in queue. That's still a better situation than with my Wolverine or Torch, who have even more covers waiting, and are 5/5/2.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I also feel your pain, OP. I actually need a Black Bullseye. At the end of the day, though, I find some comfort that 2*s are so easy to come by, so I take my 250 ISO and try again the next day.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    The struggle is real!

I've got 4 2*s from the farm chilling out with covers in inventory with some combinations of x/x/5 or x/5/5.

I've never gone the full two weeks without pulling the last cover though, though it's been mighty close a few times.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I still wish at higher cl you no longer get standard tokens and only get elites...

Couldn't agree more. Those dirty standards just get in the way of my farming. Though in the past I have pulled a 4* 3 times from standards. None in the last 8 months though.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Every time I sell a maxed out 2* champ when I replace them I get at least 10 of one color before getting any covers in the other covers. Every time. Worst is Magneto, every time I have at least 10 extra blues when I finally re-champ him. Every time
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    My rotation, I start a new 2* when the current champ hits 135. Even still, the 5/4/0 Steve I'm working on is giving me concerns.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had this problem with moonstone red a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm experiencing it with Ms marvel yellow. I do miss my high pvp drop rates.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    For my 2* farm, once a char reaches 131, I start a dupe and fully cover the dupe before taking the higher up to 144. To avoid a situation described above!

Also, if you level the dupe to lvl 42, then when you sell the maxed char, the ISO you receive is equal to the ISO necessary to champ the dupe. Basically paying the ISO tax ahead of time, so you don't have to worry about it later.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I sell a maxed out 2* champ when I replace them I get at least 10 of one color before getting any covers in the other covers. Every time. Worst is Magneto, every time I have at least 10 extra blues when I finally re-champ him. Every time

What I do to mitigate this is I create the dupe when I hit level 130 on the champ. Then apply covers to the dupe until I get it cover maxed with any overflow going to the champed character. Requires that you have a couple of slots just for 2* farming though so not an option for everyone but it works for me. Haven't wasted a single 2* cover since I started doing it that way.

Edit - Just saw that Tim Gunn does it pretty much the same way. Will start using his leveling strategy as well, thanks Tim.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    The struggle is definitely real! I had Magneto sitting at 5/5/2 for over 2 weeks waiting for that last red cover! I even had to sell 3 expiring covers because of that. I really hate to burn even more HP on more roster spots to add a second copy of a 2 star in case this happens again!