The New Feature we really wanted

2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    How about when you have 13 covers for someone all the extra ones just don't expire?

Do you mean 5 covers of an ability? If you have 13 covers than they're maxes already.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    After learning about how Bonus Heroes would work, I wanted to ensure I could cover my MoonKnight and Kate Bishop before they are removed from tokens. I opened about 40 LTs. Disappointingly I pulled 3 Spider-woman black (5/5/2); 2 MoonKnight black (5/4/3); 2 Kate black (2/5/1); and 3 Captain Marvel black (5/5/2 – BUT I champed Peggy to give me an LT that yielded a Green cover.. phew!).. weird they all happen to be Black but the point is I am stuck with 7 (almost 10) dups that I cannot use. Under the old system I likely would not have opened this many dups because the 4* pool was large.

That was pretty much my conclusion as well, my pull threads:
    Latest (and over summary): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60544
    Classics: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60331

Also I like the power shift ability. I've never liked the 'colorless covers' idea, I don't think it gels well with the games generally infrastructure. This is a more sensible solution to the problem.

This would also help solve another problem with bonus heros, that of the high likelihood of wasted bonus covers if your favorites have 5 covers in one or more spots. For example almost all the characters I want to cover do: Hulkbuster is 5/3/3, Teen Jean is 5/2/3, Thoress is 5/5/0, Iceman is 0/5/4, Nova is 5/2/2, Ant-Man 3/4/5, etc. etc...
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    TeamStewie wrote:
    How about when you have 13 covers for someone all the extra ones just don't expire?

Do you mean 5 covers of an ability? If you have 13 covers than they're maxes already.

Yep that's what I meant icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    More covers is not a problem. It's really easy to get 4-5 4* covers a week. ISO is a prob.

Why get more characters that you cant level?

Covert extra covers to a SIZEABLE iso reward.

That would be a better option IMO.

Easier to code too :>

Dudemon
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I have read lot of solutions and problems can come with each.
    Tried to see the problem from both sides. As a player and as a dev.
    This is what i came up with.

1) Legendary Token with the latest covers and Bonus Heroes as is now but with 10% chance. Make that at a price of 30 cp. Why? Because with the new ddq old players with big rosters can get extra 2cp every day so they can afford the extra 5cp plus they won;t hoard too much. They obviously can be happy with the extra chance of getting a Bonus Hero of their choice plus the extra cost will separate them from other players

2) Classic Token with everything else WITHOUT Bonus Hero. Make that at price of 15-18 cp. Why? Because new players find it difficult to collect cp. It will be a good way to make the transition from 3* to 4* characters. Transitioning is more important than having new heroes. Old ones are capable to compete with new ones and they will still be a step behind older players. Think its fair.

3) Make a ddq once a week with only 4* required characters that will give as a reward a colorless cover. Now old players that will be getting a lot of duplicates can be happy and the devs won't give too much

4) About the iso problem. An easy fix is to give us the opportunity to reset every week the prologue stories. Let's say we pay 300hp and get a reset. Easy and fast iso, some hp and few 2* for more hp from farming

5) After the introduction of elite tokens, heroic is no more heroic. I can get 3* from elite easier than i can get them from heroic. So remove 2* from heroic. Leave the Bonus Hero from everyone at the same percentage as now (5%). With no 2* this actually get bigger than now and give the opportunity to those to buy only classics to have every now ant then some free covers and for those who buy latest to have even more chances