ISO, we need more ISO !!!!

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    24/7 LR's on the STEAM server please - to make up for the terrible offset of not getting intercepts for months now.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    There has been at least 1 mother lode purchased by someone in every buy club I have ever participated in, and the waters i inhabit are not shared with the largest of the aquatic mammals.

Buying ISO is the more obvious example of trading money-for-time in terms of the exchange. The other money-for-resource exchanges aren't quite so obviously so.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

The problem with that suggestion is that people had already spent time and effort to get to the point where they were out earning the new releases when it came to iso, but now all that effort has been drastically diminished since you won't be getting many champ rewards at all and will have to hoard tokens far more often in order to avoid wasting too many of them.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. I am one of said people. I also had a hoard of 120 LTs that I just burned because that was the only way to minimize the waste without hoarding for another 6 months. I estimated I'd burn 1/3 of my covers (so ~30 4*), but thanks to lovely uneven distribution, that number will end up closer to 1/5th (20 or so, and half of those are Wasp). Yay me.

What it means is for now I have to be diligent in selling Wasp, Cage, AVenom, Riri, maybe Blade as well. Yeah, I'm gonna burn a bunch of covers in the short term. Yeah, that sucks. But eventually that iso I didn't invest in those characters will be stocked up and ready for the replacement 4* covers. How long that takes is the only question.

I don't agree that the reason I'm outpacing new releases is 4* champ rewards, however. My iso rate easily outpaces the current release schedule, and before Friday I hadn't opened an LT all year and thus had very limited rewards coming from 4* champs (basically the odd Heroic/Vault token or lucky pvp bracket).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Right. I am about to have my 35th champed 4*. Now instead of being able to use most of the covers, now it's reduced down to around 30%. Previously I could champ a character in about 10 days. Now it's looking like it might be more. Given that the new character release schedule is every two weeks, that does not give much leeway in earning iso. Heaven forbid that I also want to put any iso into a 5*. My max cover Natasha is just sitting there at 255 so lonely and is likely to keep crying in the corner for those proposed 4-6 months.

This is a kinda my point though. You'll have to sell Wasp/AVenom covers, but they're bottom tier characters who wouldn't have been a priority before anyway. You're not losing much there. Get Natasha up to speed, focus on the newest characters (Carol, Medusa, Coulson), and eventually you'll reach a point where you have enough stock pile that you'll have a reserve you can build back in time for the next release, then keep repeating.

There's a lot of issues with the concept of vaulting, but IMO iso deficits isn't one of them, at least not any more than it was an issue before.