PVP tokens - Significant revision? Or display restriction?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Today I looked at the odds screen for Sharp Dressed for the first time. Normally I expect to see higher odds of pulling Patch (the featured 3*) and decreased odds of pulling any other 3* - or 4*, for that matter. This time, Patch is lumped in with all other 3's with a higher % chance of pulling all 3's and 2's, but lower on 4's (vs Heroic tokens with our new system). The numbers are: Sharp Dressed - 4's=4.7%, 3's=27.8%, 2's=67.5%. Heroic = 4's=7.1%, 3's=26.5%, 2's=66.5%.

I did not look at Right Hand Man token odds at all. I just figured, no point in worrying about it - I'll get plenty of Coulsons now. So I don't know how they looked. Maybe someone has a Token they didn't open yet and can post.

Anyway, if PVP tokens no longer provide higher odds of the featured character - just higher odds of the tier they are in, in general - that is a shift from before.

I would also note that I have been puzzling over these tokens for a while. Obviously they provide a "daily deal" for whales, but otherwise - who wants to buy a bunch of tokens that give higher odds of 2's and 3's and LESSER odds of a 4*? Especially now that older 4's are so hard to get? AND.....they are more - yes more - expensive. The only exception is the occasional 4* PVP, I'd say.

I would like an official response - are there truly higher odds of pulling Patch, but the new display doesn't allow that? If not, then maybe the odds could be revised a little to boost 4's? It is cheaper to buy a 40-pack of standard Heroics than even the "daily deal" of Sharp Dressed. As it stands, it seems clear where one should spend one's money.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    display restriction i would suspect

it just doesn't display the fact that patch has higher odds
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    "Featured characters are highlighted and have an increased chance to be drawn."

There is a purple glow denoting there is an increased chance... the specific odds are not displayed outside of the larger group (27.8% 3-star)

e.g if they were all equal, it would be 1.39% each ... but it's probably more like 4% Patch and 1.25% for each of the remaining 19.

Would be nice if they watermark the covers with the actual percentage