Latest LTs , Classic LTs, and Bonus Heroes

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I was pulling Latest LTs for a while since my two most-covered 5* are Thanos and Strange, but with the advent of Bonus Heroes, I'm feeling like there isn't a great rationale to buy Latest over Classic anymore.

I mean, yeah, the odds of pulling one of those two are greater with Latest than relying on Bonus Heroes, but enough so to justify the extra 5 CP when I can, theoretically, pull one of those two from either pack?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The chance to get a bonus fivestar from either token is only around 3%. If you really want Thanos and Strange, it's probably better to go with a 6,5% chance to pull each of them (3% split two ways, plus 5% base chance) instead of a 1,5% chance if you just pull Classic Legends.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    The chance to get a bonus fivestar from either token is only around 3%.

I would say the chance for 5* bonus is 0.75% as you have 15% for 5* and 5% of them should go with bonus (its 0.15 * 0.05 = 0.0075). Otherwise I agree with you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Markot wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    The chance to get a bonus fivestar from either token is only around 3%.

I would say the chance for 5* bonus is 0.75% as you have 15% for 5* and 5% of them should go with bonus (its 0.15 * 0.05 = 0.0075). Otherwise I agree with you.
    Note to self: Coffee first, then I can try to do math.