Are VIP folks having issues with Ads/intercepts?

nonnel
nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious, because the ads / intercept bonus for PVE clears still doesn't work for me. Wondering if people who are paying for VIP are not getting their drops as well.

I was considering VIP before the feature broke. But it's not worth it currently and CS doesn't have a timeline for the fix.

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    I started charting my intercepts after my last VIP purchase, mainly because I though they were coming slower than they should. If anybody's interested, here's that link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In short, I think they're probably coming on time for the most part. It is true that the first 22 missions I played today were intercept-less, but those were all before 8AM EST. I believe they're supposed to come fastest earlier in the day, with one guaranteed at the beginning of each day, but I don't know when they consider the day to begin; my resupply usually comes around 10-10:30AM EST.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aweberman wrote:
    In short, I think they're probably coming on time for the most part. It is true that the first 22 missions I played today were intercept-less, but those were all before 8AM EST. I believe they're supposed to come fastest earlier in the day, with one guaranteed at the beginning of each day, but I don't know when they consider the day to begin; my resupply usually comes around 10-10:30AM EST.

Yes, I believe your "day" is based on when you get your resupply. Mine comes at about 8:15 p.m. EST each day, and the bulk of my intercepts come after that.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My intercepts are crashing about a quarter of the time again but the frequency doesn't seem to have changed.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    If I'm playing on the iPad, the commercial only plays about a quarter of the time that is says I have one. And if the commercial doesn't play, no reward is given.
  • nonnel
    I'm lucky if I get offered 1 intercept a day. Most days I don't get one. Then it's a 50/50 if the ad works.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not having any problems with the rewards as a VIP member. Though in 23 days if characters are still vaulted I'll be trying out the other side.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    nonnel wrote:
    I'm lucky if I get offered 1 intercept a day. Most days I don't get one. Then it's a 50/50 if the ad works.

this is about where i'm at. i've sent 7-10 tickets in to cs. never get much more than the standard cookie cutter reply.

don't know why they have such problems getting these to work properly.

my kids like 'best fiends' which means i occasionally play best fiends. best fiends has the same optional videos for bonus rewards deal. except theirs is 2 videos every 10 minutes. maybe mpq should think about switching to that kind of system. take the randomness out of it and just go based on time.

how is it fair that someone gets their daily allotment of intercepts (20 right?) and others get 1 or 2 or 0? over time the person who gets all their intercepts is going to have a huge advantage in the amount of resources they get compared to the rest of us who have issues with these.

take the randomness out of it already. there is enough randomness and luck already inherent this game. level the playing field a bit and make them the same for everyone.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few months ago my Intercept Ad weren't getting skipped, despite being a VIP member. CS told me there wasn't a way to fix it and they couldn't refund me my $10. Their solution... "Buy HP or Iso".. I was so pissed that the only way to fix it was to buy more stuff. Founately it was during a Sale and it's been working since but I'm not doing that again.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    nonnel wrote:
    how is it fair that someone gets their daily allotment of intercepts (20 right?) and others get 1 or 2 or 0? over time the person who gets all their intercepts is going to have a huge advantage in the amount of resources they get compared to the rest of us who have issues with this.

I don't obsessively track data the way some forumites do (no disrespect intended, I promise), but I would be surprised if ever actually got the 20 they claim are the limit for the day. Seems like my total usually falls somewhere in the 10-15 range, but again, I have no way of proving that. At any rate, it's enough that I personally don't feel the need to raise an issue over it. Now if I were only getting one like a different poster above mentioned, that would be a different story.
  • nonnel
    I'll say it's been frustrating. So many others are getting more opportunity to earn than the others affected. Hope the devs fix this one soon
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    You're assuming we're still getting interrupts. I haven't seen one in days, and 50% of the time I click on it and get nothing. It was working really well, I wonder how/why they broke it.

I'm curious if it was generating too much for players who weren't actually clicking through, so the ads being served dropped severely.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get none, literally nothing in weeks on my ipad. As soon as I use my iphone it's business as usual. So I am forced to play pve on a 4 inch screen.
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Oddly enough, when I read about people not getting the shield intercepts here on the forum, I seem to be getting them almost every other match. Maybe it's a random thing, I don't know.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this where I interject yet again that I'm having problems....because for months on Steam I haven't seen them?
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    I've never gotten 20 in a day, even with grinding a PVE.

This morning I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and immediately got 3 in a row and 5 out of 10, even though it was before my normal resupply time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play on iOS and Android, and the experience has been interesting (not currently a VIP).
    On my Android phone [only using cellular data], I've never had an intercept fail, and probably get about eight a day (I generally play around 30-45 minutes a day).
    On my iOS devices (wi-fi, ipad air/ipad mini 2) I have the same frequency, but they fail about 25% of the time, by not loading the commercial. As others have mentioned, if the commercial fails to load, no reward is given.
    When I was on VIP, I never had a reward to fail, on any of my devices, and the frequency was about the same.