Less New Characters, More Things To Do With Them...

Hawkwood
Hawkwood Posts: 7
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Part of what makes MPQ great is the variety of characters but, like most of us, I find myself only regularly using 3-5% of the characters I own. This takes a lot of the joy out of amassing a large collection and right now, that's what the whole game is about.

Don't get me wrong, I love new characters, but I'd rather see them scale back on the number of new characters they release, perhaps releasing one every other month, and provide a few more game modes that incentivize using characters you don't usually use. These could be things like an "endless" mode that resets each week where your characters don't heal and over the course of the week you try to get through as many stages as you can before you run out of characters to play with (with the stages getting algorithmically harder each round) or additional PvP events where you had to choose a side and make teams out of, for example, all X-men (yes, I know they'd have to do more with character affiliations to make this work ; ).

And while I know that new characters are a major revenue driver for the MPQ team, I feel that giving people an incentive to get more characters would cover that gap. Additionally I'd be ok with some of these being low cost "premium" events (for example if "endless mode" cost an easily earnable but not totally negligible amount, say 100 coins, to enter but gave reasonable prizes I'd still be excited about it).
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vote a little of column A a little of column B.

A new 4 star once a month and one new 5 star every 2 months. New content or increased access to old content like mini events, prologue, or pve simulator.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I desperately want New things to do that have nothing to do with the Dark Avengers or any of our overused villains when it comes right down to it.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The most cyclical discussion in the existence of the game.

Totally agree, of course, but they obviously have no intention of doing anything about it other than releasing new PVE once in a blue moon.

Imagine if there were actually PUZZLES in the game? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • Hawkwood
    Hawkwood Posts: 7
    The most cyclical discussion in the existence of the game.

Totally agree, of course, but they obviously have no intention of doing anything about it other than releasing new PVE once in a blue moon.

Imagine if there were actually PUZZLES in the game? icon_e_surprised.gif

Totally agree, but it's my hope that the changes they've just made (both the Bonus Hero/Hero Culling and the DDQ update) indicate that they see the problem too.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am totally fine with them keeping up this high rate of new releases, those are what pay for the game, so bring them on, but give us new types of event or modes as well, and ideally ones that don't just equate to throwing the most obnoxious goons feeding one active combos onto a new background.