Color-specific Favoriting

VizMantis
VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
The bonus heroes system would be a lot better if we could favorite a specific color, rather than the character in general.

Its incredibly deflating to see that you've hit the lucky bonus hero, only to find its destined for the trash. We're already going through 1-2 levels of RNG just to get the bonus hero. Giving us that last bit of determinism on color seems reasonable.

Comments

• RedMage13
    RedMage13 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I second this motion. It almost becomes detrimental to favorite a hero who has maxed 2 colors, because the odds are against you getting the right color, but if you got some other hero's cover, it would have a better chance of being useful.

Under the current system, it seems like we would want to un-favorite anyone who gets to where they need a specific color.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really want an OML Yellow, but instead, I've favorited Cap5, because my OML is 5/2/5, whereas my cap is 2/4/4, so if I win a bonus Cap, then it won't go to waste. If I win a fifth cover of one of his covers, then I'll switch to favoriting BSS, who's at 2/3/2. There are other 5*s, I'd rather favorite, but I really don't want to waste any possible BH covers.

For 4*s, I'm not as worried, because you can pull them pretty regularly, so wasted 4* covers isn't as much of an issue.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Couldn't agree more and kind of surprised this wasn't considered by the devs when implementing the new system. Pulling a dupe BH makes long time players want to quit.