Need to revise DDQ in light of vaulting

DoubleHomicide
DoubleHomicide Posts: 25
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm one of those folks that is withholding judgement on vaulting and bonus heroes until we see more how it works. I'm skeptical but optimistic.

However, for newer players that don't have the 3/4* base that folks playing for the last year or so have, it's going to be difficult to accumulate the required characters for "dat required character," "behemoth burrito," and "crash of titans."

Another player posted about the changing meta game that vaulting introduces and the idea is intriguing and may be positive for the game - but it will make ddq harder for newer players.

No skin off my teeth either way - I have at least one cover for all the 3/4*s - but you'll want to think about that for your newer player base.

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    We've had vaulting before where the vault's contents shuffled every few months. Yes, it sucked, but we survived. DDQ isn't the only way to acquire vaulted covers for those still developing their roster. Everyone should be more than capable of racking up 300 points in PvP to get an event token, which always includes the featured character (take a look at the draws for Sharp Dressed). Vaulted characters still appear as placement/progression rewards in both PvE and PvP events, though it is harder now for newer players to access them with the better prize tiers being gated behind SHIELD rank.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No they need to undo vaulting. It's the only thing that will save me as being their customer.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    We've had vaulting before where the vault's contents shuffled every few months. Yes, it sucked, but we survived. DDQ isn't the only way to acquire vaulted covers for those still developing their roster. Everyone should be more than capable of racking up 300 points in PvP to get an event token, which always includes the featured character (take a look at the draws for Sharp Dressed). Vaulted characters still appear as placement/progression rewards in both PvE and PvP events, though it is harder now for newer players to access them with the better prize tiers being gated behind SHIELD rank.

I've can count the number of times on both hands that I've gotten more than 2 stars from the free event token on the way to 300.

DDQ happens daily.

That's not good progression for new players. PVP is a dead zone for new players that don't have 3s to begin with.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The archived characters are still available in vaults, progressions, and awards as stated above. I'm perfectly fine with them still showing up in DDQ. If they had removed them from all token types, it would be a more compelling argument.

As for the 300 PVP tangent, the odds as of this week should on average give you at least one 3*/4* character a week if you only get to the first PVP token each time; obviously RNG fluctuations may and will occur.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a true 4* DDQ (a preset 4* character every day that you can win if you have 1 cover already) would probably do a good amount to alleviate the problems introduced by vaulting. Clearly, something needs to be done to fix the problems they've made, and the DDQ formula is a tested success for the 3* transition. It could be for the 4* transition as well. I like it.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    The number of 4*s now meets/exceeds the number of 3*s, correct? Or close enough? They hadn't yet capped 3*s when DDQ was introduced, so there were fewer of them then than there are 4*s now. That seems like ample justification to make Crash of the Titans a daily thing. If you need an additional gate, make Behemoth Burrito required to unlock it. THEN, of course, you introduce a 5* solo fight based on the existing Crash ("Crash-ier of the Titans-est?"). And things will be fine, just like they were fine when DDQ first started spitting out a daily 3*.