EotS has crashed on me three times in the last half hour.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we NOT, already? "Hey I see you've loaded a node be a shame if anything happened to your health oops haha"

Comments

• DFiPL
    I'm serious. Explain to me what exactly the communal benefit is of imposing a health penalty on me if my game crashes in PvE. I get PvP - you want to keep people from gaming the system by force-closing unwinnable fights.

But the whole point of PvE is speed, if placement is your bag. There is zero benefit to force-closing your app and then reloading if you get a bad board. That puts you behind the 8 ball. So why would you ever?

And given that, why, after 3+ years, do we still not have a system that can distinguish between unexpected terminations in PvP and unexpected terminations in PvE?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hear, hear. It just happened again. Sigh
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is super annoying. Had it happen to me the other day in DDQ. And my first thought was exactly what the OP said "why am I being penalized for a game error when there is no possible benefit to me doing it on purpose".
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Even worse in EotS. I was in a wave node and beat the first wave, only do have the game crash. Great, now I have points I can NEVER get back in a 7 day event. I am essentially blocked from top 10 in a week long event because of the game crashing once.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you guys playing on phones that are pushing the limits of their storage or something? I've been playing for a year and a half and I think the game has crashed once, maybe twice, in that entire time.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Has not happened to me either on my phone or Steam. Has to be something on the player's end. It is like on Steam with the ridiculously long load times I get sometimes on Steam, but I know it is my PC. That is why I do not start a thread and complain about it.
  • revskip
    Jarvind wrote:
    Are you guys playing on phones that are pushing the limits of their storage or something? I've been playing for a year and a half and I think the game has crashed once, maybe twice, in that entire time.

I've had it happen on several different devices (3 different phones over the last year and change and my tablet) over a variety of WiFi networks and/or 4G. The phones are not pushing any storage limits I have maybe 6 apps total installed. The tablet has a few more apps but also has additional memory so I don't think that is it either. It's entirely possible that all of those are network or device related but it is also possible that it is a server side issue.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    StarScream wrote:
    Has not happened to me either on my phone or Steam. Has to be something on the player's end. It is like on Steam with the ridiculously long load times I get sometimes on Steam, but I know it is my PC. That is why I do not start a thread and complain about it.

You've failed me again starscream.
  • StarScream
    thisone wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Because I do not whine and complain at every step or that I do not expect some sort of freebie every time something goes wrong?

Grow up and realize life is not fair.
  • DFiPL
    Jarvind wrote:

Steam. Hundreds of GB of free space, copious RAM...and every time the fight loads with a match-5 already on the board waiting for me, rocks fall, everybody dies.

Or at least takes 10% damage because lol me try again.
  • DFiPL
    StarScream wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Because I do not whine and complain at every step or that I do not expect some sort of freebie every time something goes wrong?

Who in the name of Stan Lee asked for freebies? I think it's perfectly reasonable to say "Look, this game has been around three years, and if that's a bug, it STILL hasn't been squashed, and in the meantime PvE players are being unfairly punished for it."

It's bantha poodoo (apologies for mixing fandoms) and "life isn't fair" is a completely inappropriate response that helps absolutely nothing.
  • StarScream
    DFiPL wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Who in the name of Stan Lee asked for freebies? I think it's perfectly reasonable to say "Look, this game has been around three years, and if that's a bug, it STILL hasn't been squashed, and in the meantime PvE players are being unfairly punished for it."

It's bantha poodoo (apologies for mixing fandoms) and "life isn't fair" is a completely inappropriate response that helps absolutely nothing.

2,000 posts and you have yet to see one single post of someone demanding compensation for something going wrong?

Life is not fair. Deal with it.
  • revskip
    StarScream wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Two awesome things happened in this exchange. StarScream missed an awesome Transformer reference and then attributed it to the OP. Then despite no one asking for compensation went super high horse.
  • StarScream
    revskip wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Two awesome things happened in this exchange. StarScream missed an awesome Transformer reference and then attributed it to the OP. Then despite no one asking for compensation went super high horse.

I did not miss it but you completely missed my point. Good job.

And the reference was wrong. One little word was missing.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm serious. Explain to me what exactly the communal benefit is of imposing a health penalty on me if my game crashes in PvE. I get PvP - you want to keep people from gaming the system by force-closing unwinnable fights.

But the whole point of PvE is speed, if placement is your bag. There is zero benefit to force-closing your app and then reloading if you get a bad board. That puts you behind the 8 ball. So why would you ever?

And given that, why, after 3+ years, do we still not have a system that can distinguish between unexpected terminations in PvP and unexpected terminations in PvE?

Follow the money. They sell health packs for a currency you get with real world money. So, any way to circumvent that, like force closing the app instead of losing a round, will be penalized, wether it is truly your fault or just bad programming and bugs.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I have 2 crash dumps from today, 5 from this month, 33 since the start of the year.. I feel the pain.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    StarScream wrote:
    And the reference was wrong. One little word was missing.

You fail me yet again, Starscream. A word was wrong AND a word was missing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNAmUOuY3c
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    every time the fight loads with a match-5 already on the board waiting for me, rocks fall, everybody dies
    This happens to me a lot whether I'm using my phone or tablet
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Just experienced my fourth crash, just in this event alone, so far since this particular event has started
  • DFiPL
    At least it wasn't EotS this time.

It was the first seed of a lightning round. Woo lost seeds.

Woo.