A Message From the Devs (Not really)

Options
Bacon Pants
Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Apparently the message is don't play our game this weekend.

Go outside, enjoy the spring weather. Catch up with the friends and family that you've alienated. You can tell them that the current events are not great so you can hang out...they'll understand.

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh. The timing is a little off. Should have waited until next weekend (with the Easter holiday). icon_e_wink.gif
  • Don't worry, the other meta-game of forum whining will still be open for you. icon_cool.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Thanks for adding the not really IceIX. I should have done that.

Also, don't take this as a complaint, it's not. I'm just not feeling these events.
  • Reason: Don't mind the joke thread, just please don't misrepresent the thread.

"D3p's legal department would like to clarify that d3p does NOT support going outside, having friends, or hanging out. Close your curtains and pick up that iPhone. Thank you."

comment_ljZ0JS0dLsUD4ZBjtQPQQv9KwgoJ1oqz,w400.jpg
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for adding the not really IceIX. I should have done that.

Also, don't take this as a complaint, it's not. I'm just not feeling these events.
    Nope, it's fine. Not all Events are going to be for everyone. Constructive criticism and good natured razzing? All good!
  • I'm expecting IceIX to place well in these events. I mean, they must be good for someone.

Right? Right? Bueller?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    I'm expecting IceIX to place well in these events. I mean, they must be good for someone.

Right? Right? Bueller?
    I've got an 85 Wolverine, a 50 Storm Modern, 55 Hawkeye Modern, and a massively buffed 27 Human Torch to work with. Not enough Iso to level Bag-Man, so if I want Blue/Purple, it's all Hawkeye. My Psylocke and Black Panther aren't worth talking about.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I've got an 85 Wolverine, a 50 Storm Modern, 55 Hawkeye Modern, and a massively buffed 27 Human Torch to work with. Not enough Iso to level Bag-Man, so if I want Blue/Purple, it's all Hawkeye. My Psylocke and Black Panther aren't worth talking about.

Is there ever enough ISO to level Bagman? (da-da-dum)

P.S. @gamar - that cartoon is hilarious.

P.P.S. I was thinking this weekend would be a slow MPQ weekend, too, as I'm merely going to dabble in Heroic Venom (not feeling that event's roster) but I'm actually looking forward to Dark Avengers tourney. I love me some villains (@IceIX: I demand Dormammu covers, soon, or I will take my Hood back from the Hood. Then what will you call him?). I figure with maxed Rags, maxed Daken, and lvl 35 Venom I have a chance of placing pretty well in my bracket, and I want some more LazyCap covers.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    I'm still laughing at that cartoon. It reminds me of my college roommate who played World of Warcraft non stop. He'd close the blinds, lights off, and get in the zone. It was so bad that we moved everything of his out the room and he didn't even notice.
  • The heroic should say "build a team of buffed Human Torch or maybe BP if you happen to have a well leveled one." instead of "make a team of featured heroes."
  • I am enjoying the event - it will be better now that the HT tourney is over so I don't have to revive him as much - he is too squishy to be in a pvp and pve at the same time. I leveled up my BP to 117 to go with M Storm and HT. I am so glad they put these three together in this event or i would have missed out on the fun that is: Mistress of the Elements, Battleplan, Flame Jet. So much damage! It's such a perfect combo. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend while I am crushing it in Heroic Venom (until scaling crushes me).
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    I just got it: IceIX is a Vonnegut reference, isn't it? Cat's Cradle is one of my favorites.

I, too, am liking the event, and the Dark Avengers one (that I suggested in a previous post). I promised myself I would never spend iso/money on Bag-man and Daken. Lo' and mf-ing behold, I did both. Feel unclean...
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the DA event. it's gruesome. It's gritty. It's got my main man Ares.

Honestly I'm just trying to figure out the best way to finish my LCap. He needs 1 more yellow to be my first 3* to be fully covered. The ez mode is kicking my teeth in. The hard mode I have 3 nodes opened? So I'm putting all effort into the DA event because, hey I actually like most of the DA and having 40 slots plus being stuck let me diversify my roster a bit. 36 bagman with 5 snarky rocks goons Lolololol!
  • gamar wrote:
    Reason: Don't mind the joke thread, just please don't misrepresent the thread.

comment_ljZ0JS0dLsUD4ZBjtQPQQv9KwgoJ1oqz,w400.jpg

If that's what outside is always like then I would never play this game again. I'd sit by the window watching the ladies play outside in the sun icon_razz.gif