Vaulted Hero Roster Diversity: Is this the solution?

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

Firstly the latest changes and my view:

Bonus Heroes: Amazing
Vaulting Old Characters: Problematic but understandable

So with that out of the way let me talk to you about roster diversity. We all know that due to essential nodes and DDQ we are tasked with having every character and I for one don't think this is a bad thing. This being said due to vaulting many of the transition players now have a problem with not only getting one cover of a essential character but subsequently making them playable.

So I propose a simple solution. A 15CP token called a Roster Builder token. The rules of this token are simple, it will always give you a token you can apply for either a 4* or 3* character and only if you have less than 13 covers. It would also only have the vaulted characters in it.

This then enables any player to champion every character and then max champion their favourites through bonus heroes.

Just like standard and elite if you don't meet the requirement for this token you then can't buy it.

Anyway I hope people like this idea and that if implemented it helps the developers maintain the longevity of the game whilst letting people roster and play who they want.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    That seems like a needlessly convoluted solution that would only suit a narrow subset of players and would do nothing to address a significant group who have plenty of characters champed and have just seen their potential to progress practically vanish with the new system.

The simplest solution is just to offer two versions of the LTs, a classic and a latest that only includes the newest 12 and one that includes all 4*s, this gives some control back to the players. All other tokens should remain the way they are as 4*s from them are rarer, but would help people to cover newer characters quicker without swamping them in covers that ended up being wasted.
  • Azoth658
    Crowl wrote:
    That seems like a needlessly convoluted solution that would only suit a narrow subset of players and would do nothing to address a significant group who have plenty of characters champed and have just seen their potential to progress practically vanish with the new system.

The simplest solution is just to offer two versions of the LTs, a classic and a latest that only includes the newest 12 and one that includes all 4*s, this gives some control back to the players. All other tokens should remain the way they are as 4*s from them are rarer, but would help people to cover newer characters quicker without swamping them in covers that ended up being wasted.

I disagree that it's a narrow group. I think the majority of the player population do not have max 4 stars of the oldies. From a forum perspective absolutely it does not fix that issue but for the majority of the player base it would.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

I disagree that it's a narrow group. I think the majority of the player population do not have max 4 stars of the oldies. From a forum perspective absolutely it does not fix that issue but for the majority of the player base it would.

I've always wondered about total player roster breakdowns. It would be interesting to see the numbers and percentages. Post up the raw data, you have, thanks!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The design would definitely be abused. All your vaulted 3/4 star characters at 13? Get a single cover of the one you want to build and roster it. Bam! Discounted covers for champion levels and no RNG. The system would ignore that you already have one at 13 covers as long as one is not. Boost that Iceman to 370 and steamroll.
  • Azoth658
    zodiac339 wrote:
    The design would definitely be abused. All your vaulted 3/4 star characters at 13? Get a single cover of the one you want to build and roster it. Bam! Discounted covers for champion levels and no RNG. The system would ignore that you already have one at 13 covers as long as one is not. Boost that Iceman to 370 and steamroll.

Huh if the game recognises you have an iceman with 13 covers he would no longer be in the pool. The developers could easily code it so it checks your roster for the strongest version of a character.

The concept isn't about overpowering your roster it's just about bringing players who are new or vets like me 900+ days who don't have 13 covers or have been sitting at 12 for months a fix without spending 120cp on characters no longer available other than bonus.

For example I have a 4cage at 5/5/1 and a dupe at 3/3/0. A war machine in a similar place with a dupe at 2/0/0. Oh and two of those cage covers came from bonus hero rewards as he's my only hero in a desperate attempt to break rng without splurging over a month of CP.

I've got champion four stars but I've got over 40 non champs and can't touch many of them due to the vaulting as even if I picked one at a time I've got a 1 in 20 chance of a bonus pull and then 1 in 3 of the right colour...