Let's discuss the current twelve four-stars in packs

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The new token adjustments are certainly blowing up the board right now, so I thought it might be a nice tangential discussion to look at the current 12 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters available. Here's my tentative ranking, based on my (in most cases, quite limited) experience with them.

(12 is the worst, 1 is the best)

Twelve
Wasp
Cool art and animation, needs too much AP, damage too low, outclassed by many others

Eleven
Riri
A real mess. Red is okay, but she really needs a rework.

Ten
Agent Venom
Has the potential to do some decent damage, but way too fiddly to babysit to get working. I've yet to face a single leveled Agent Venom in PvP.

Nine
Blade
He seems to suffer from a similar problem as Agent Venom - fiddly, and often works against the team with AP consumption.

Eight
Spider-Woman
Entering the mid-tier of the current twelve. She can do some damage, but again, I rarely see her being used.

Seven
Luke Cage
He can slow down matches with his protect tile spam, but his damage output doesn't seem too amazing.

Six
GwenPool
A fun character to use, and her green can deal some impressive damage. I am looking forward to getting more covers for her. I rarely see her in PvP.

Five
Kate Bishop
She can deal a crazy amount of damage, but doesn't seem to be too popular. As a fan of Matt Fraction I'm glad she's in the game.

Four
Moon Knight
Getting to the good stuff now.
His Lunacy skill is one of the more interesting passives in the game, and that green! I think he's pretty solid, and am looking forward to getting more "meat on the bones" for my own 2/1/2 Moon Knight.

Three
Medusa
I do not even have a single cover for her, but she looks great on paper. She also seems to be quite popular.

Two
Carol Danvers
Top notch, great design, fun to use. Only eclipsed by...

One
Peggy Carter
The one, the only, Big Peg! Brutal passive, solid powers, fantastic art design. Likely in a perpetual battle with Iceman for claim of first place in the four star realm, until the next monster four star comes out.

What's your ranking/thoughts on the current crop of four stars available in tokens?

Comments

• Manaka
    Manaka Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I think blade deserves a higher spot. I champed him when he was last powered up and really liked playing with him. His red creates strong strike.png , and once you get enough red ap (granted this can take a few turns) he deals pretty good, although random, damage each turn. Also, his green is a decent AoE, which true heals him if you have enough red ap. His black is meh, but 2 out of 3 powers is pretty good. I haven't champed Kate or MK yet, but have played against them a fair amount. I would probably rank Blade at about their power level, maybe just below.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Blade has potential. When those strike tiles start piling up watch out! A good cascade can really ruin someone's day. His green may seem underpowered, but it isn't too expensive and it is meant to work in tandem with his strike tile damage. He's a fun character.

I'm not really sold on Medusa. I feel like she only truly excels when the other team is feeding you strike tiles, but it's nice to have a character with two passives.

I also think Luke is a bit underrated. His yellow power stacks with all fortified tiles. I hit for over 10k with Mr. Fantastic on my team, and I m sure when we get a 4* Iron Fist he will spit out fortified tiles of some sort.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Manaka wrote:
    I think blade deserves a higher spot. I champed him when he was last powered up and really liked playing with him. His red creates strong strike.png , and once you get enough red ap (granted this can take a few turns) he deals pretty good, although random, damage each turn. Also, his green is a decent AoE, which true heals him if you have enough red ap. His black is meh, but 2 out of 3 powers is pretty good. I haven't champed Kate or MK yet, but have played against them a fair amount. I would probably rank Blade at about their power level, maybe just below.

Blade does deserve a higher spot, I just champed him today. Moonknight, does insane damage, 20k+ plus when boosted green, 10k for black. for the all powered event - green does 110k when at 550 for stupidest event ever made.

You will not see gwenpool in any pvp events - in a way a joke character. The AI will never use the purple for extreme damage - it's completely random. Green is on the only power worth using for her. For PVE, you can control the board, but it takes time to build purple.

my rankings maybe would be similar
    1) peggy
    2) Moonknight
    3) Medusa
    4) Blade
    5) Carol
    6) kate
    7) Gwenpool
    8) spiderwoman
    9) luke
    10) Venom - black only
    11) RiRi - red only
    12) Wasp - nothing
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    I dunno if i can do 1-12, but i can definitely do tiers.

The best:

Carol
    Medusa
    Peggy

Carol and peggy are brutal heavy hitters with powerful defensive passives. They can headline successful pvp teams, and also have uses in pve. Medusa is a support character. But she is the best support character character in 4* land. Everything she does is great. And when boosted she can crank out several k damage per turn if you match he CD a few times. These three are iceman/rulk/cyclops tier. The best of the best.

Tier 2

Moonie
    Kate
    Blade

These three all put out awesome damage. But they all have a drawback compared to the top tiers. Moonie can't target his nuke, which is nice on defense, but frustrating on offense. Blade is totally dependent upon red, both on the board and in his ap pool. If the board doesnt cooperate, he is a waste of space; even bis black won't make red tiles unless you already have red. And kate needs a battery to really excel.

Tier 3:

Gwen
    Spiderwoman
    Cage

All have their uses, but there is generally a better option (except maybe board destruction for gwen).

Tier 4

Wasp
    Riri
    AV

None as bad as old SL or Mr F, but this is borderline trash tier stuff. Either severely underpowered abilities (wasp), or bad designs that are hard to leverage well. Not much too much to get excited about here.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I have Moon Knight champed, love him. Boosted he is killer and true heal tied to a good damage power is always nice. I want to finish the rest of your 1 - 5. I simply do not care about the rest and it really pisses me off that we are only two broken turds away from Peggy being vaulted which sucks dingleberries right off a dead pigs ****. Vaulting sucks. Whoever decided that was a good idea to bring back does not understand the absolute **** hatred we vets have for vaulting characters.

It sure was great going 9 **** months between covers for 3* Magneto and Black panther. Can't wait to have virtually zero **** chance to get a Peggy. Guess mine will be stuck at 3/2/3 if I keep playing. But hey! It'll be great having all these **** Wasps and Gwenpools! Just **** great!