Anyone else getting bored?

Laoping
Laoping Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So on day 400 for me.. right now ever event is freaking boring.. maybe it just me but I think it would be nice to do some sort of new more exciting event. Anyway for the last month I've just sorta been going through the motions.. playing mostly Deadpool.. doesn't seem like many people are playing the PvP to seriously right now either .. what does everyone else think?

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Vault the events! Make MPQ great again! WE all know taking stuff away make things better!
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    Vault the events! Make MPQ great again! WE all know taking stuff away make things better!

You kid, but vaulting the oldest events would probably reduce the ones that all dark avengers over and over. Though it might vault the simulator too, that would suck.

I wish they released new pvp events like they do new characters...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    New pve coming in a couple days
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nepenthe wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

You kid, but vaulting the oldest events would probably reduce the ones that all dark avengers over and over. Though it might vault the simulator too, that would suck.

Don't they?

I mean, granted, they don't re-use those.
  • Nepenthe
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Nepenthe wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Don't they?

I mean, granted, they don't re-use those.
    Oops, I meant pvE events.
    But yeah, it'd be nice if they re-played the 4* pvp events sometimes, too.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nepenthe wrote:
    Oops, I meant pvE events.
    But yeah, it'd be nice if they re-played the 4* pvp events sometimes, too.

Be careful what you wish for, less older events would give them more chances to run venom bomb with all those tinykitty symbiotes.
  • Nepenthe
    Possibly unpopular opinion: I'd rather play Venom Bomb a bit more often and Juggernaut & Venom Heroics a bit less.
  • Crowl
    Nepenthe wrote:
    Possibly unpopular opinion: I'd rather play Venom Bomb a bit more often and Juggernaut & Venom Heroics a bit less.

Now that heroics seem to have lost their unique limitation they should just rotate all events equally so that no events crop up too regularly.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    Now that heroics seem to have lost their unique limitation they should just rotate all events equally so that no events crop up too regularly.

Heroics need something to make them different but that's hard to do without alienating parts of the player base.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Tee wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

Heroics need something to make them different but that's hard to do without alienating parts of the player base.

What if they went back to the old way of limiting the roster, but allowed a certain number of substitutions for characters you don't have or don't want to use.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I think they need a new tab. We have Prologue, Story, Versus. I'd like to see a fourth one. This fourth tab would have just some little fun stuff to do. Maybe some actual puzzles, in which you have to make the correct matches to get rid of all the blocks. Assign some programmers to create game modes that function outside of the normal game. Put in a Tetris-style mode! Use the plethora of character covers to create a memory matching game! Or a version of solitaire! Honestly, the art of those covers can be used for something other than powering up our main game characters.

Simple things. Just little things to do for fun. And offer rewards for them. I'm talking small rewards, because this is simple, casual stuff. 100 ISO, maybe less. A standard cover, maybe. And you can win tokens! What are tokens for? I dunno, make some art assets. How about we get the chance to buy those old variant covers that only appeared for the length of certain events and switch them out at will? Some silly cosmetic stuff.

It won't affect the main game. But it'll keep people playing the game. And yes, while that takes up server resources on a free to play game, it keeps people's interest, and people who are invested in a game are more likely to spend money.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I got reenergized when I joined a top 100 alliance. The rewards were so much better. I had to play more but I wanted the rewards and didn't want to get booted, so I found myself wanting to play more. Currently I'm a little bored since pvp is all boosted 4 champs and pve is a long event, but my alliance keeps me motivated
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love them to run Growth Industry again. They only ran that twice and I never completed it.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not exactly bored, more overwhelmed. Need so much iso8big.pngiso8big.png

A break on NR + a couple of double iso events would be very welcomed. Right now playing feels like a chore for iso.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    They need to have monthly alliance boss battle events. I find those break things up between the other events.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I definitely want more alliance events.

I only find myself bored when facing the dark avengers again and again. The amount of new pve content they have been launching in the last year has been great and I'm psyched to see more coming.

I would a permanent of monthly rotation of a big pve that could be dabbled whilst waiting on standard pve. Right now I really want to play but it's not optimal for as it's a two day node and I need all those extra points for progression especially as wave mode progression always seems to be more than just four clears.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sadly we have been asking for new events for years. They come along very rarely. Strange days is the recent addition and I think itshe very good. But ultimately the best option is boss events every month. And if they can add content - even better.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    If I was going to get bored, it would have probably happened a year ago when I was first starting out.
  • Crowl
    jgomes32 wrote:
    I'm not exactly bored, more overwhelmed. Need so much iso8big.pngiso8big.png

A break on NR + a couple of double iso events would be very welcomed. Right now playing feels like a chore for iso.

If not double iso events, they should unlock the prologue every new season, give us something we can do that is entirely free of timers that will also give us a reasonable iso boost and also provide us with more nodes for intercepts whenever we have otherwise quiet days such as the middle of a 48 hour sub.