Server outage compensation

Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, another game I play was affected by the AWS outage just like this one. Once they were back up and running, that game's devs gave everyone a bonus (equivalent to about 50 hp in this game) even though the outage wasn't their fault. That company has always been WAY more generous with awards and compensation than this one. And, guess what? I'm WAY more inclined to spend money on that game than this one. Why? Because I feel like they appreciate me playing, which really isn't the case for MPQ.

Just an observation. icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Kaazz wrote:
    So, another game I play was affected by the AWS outage just like this one. Once they were back up and running, that game's devs gave everyone a bonus (equivalent to about 50 hp in this game) even though the outage wasn't their fault. That company has always been WAY more generous with awards and compensation than this one. And, guess what? I'm WAY more inclined to spend money on that game than this one. Why? Because I feel like they appreciate me playing, which really isn't the case for MPQ.

No compensation, you got a nice break from the game completely free! 50 hp would certainly make me happy since I missed it in the thor event due to the outage
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    If they decide to do anything like, I'd prefer iso. It's always the resource I'm under I time crunch to get more of, and the outage was during two full LRs, a great iso source.
    YMMV.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't that the 1cp award o randomly got today?
    Or was that for something else.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler

Must've been something else. I didn't get any random cp.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    A Bagman cover would be nice. icon_e_wink.gif
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Here's our compensation: older 4*s are now vaulted, tough luck for those that haven't championed them yet. icon_mad.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want 100 ISO x Your SHIELD rank
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I got one too with a mention "Here's something special" or something like that. Unfortunately I clicked too fast I can't remember now. I'm pretty sure that was a compensation for the server outage but didn't find any confirmation.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was for the ticket someone put in for our alliance not getting the CP reward for VIP renewal. It was on line chat at the time, the buyer asked if we got our rewards but I can't remember who it was now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:
    Kaazz wrote:

No compensation, you got a nice break from the game completely free! 50 hp would certainly make me happy since I missed it in the thor event due to the outage

If not playing is compensation then playing must be a punishment. That's not a good sign if that's how players feel about the game.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    My Comcast service went out for a minute while I was playing MPQ and my game wouldn't work...where's my compensation from D3?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, that outage wasn't their fault. Move along people, there truly isn't anything to see here.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:
    My Comcast service went out for a minute while I was playing MPQ and my game wouldn't work...where's my compensation from D3?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, that outage wasn't their fault. Move along people, there truly isn't anything to see here.

No, it wasn't their fault. But it sure as hell isn't our fault either and at any given time a great portion of us have something special dying on the vine and we are fighting like hell to get ISO to make sure we don't lose that something special. The game being down for several hours makes that whole process either more difficult or impossible. It would cost the devs absolutely nothing to toss us some ISO to make up for that or to extend all our vines by 24 hours. But they seem to not understand the value of good will especially in a time when many of us feel like we've been **** on by this stupid vaulting **** being resurrected for no good reason.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    There isn't going to be any compensation.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:

Again...no-one's arguing who's at fault. It doesn't need pointing out that it wasn't D3's fault, it's a fairly trite statement at this point.

However, the loss of servers at that time had a detrimental effect on the result of an on-going time-based event. They don't *have* to give us anything, but it wouldn't hurt them to do so. A little bit of possitive feedback. "A thing happened and it sucked, but here's something to make you feel better."

It costs them *literally* nothing to give out some freebies when something happens that mucks up the game for their entire player base. Arguing "One time my internet went off, gimme free stuff" is dumb simply because they shouldn't feel obliged to give a single person something for a singular situation. When the outage happened *everyone* was affected. The fact this even needs explaining baffles me.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    When the outage happened *everyone* was affected.

For my part I was done with PVP and raised final shield above 900 about 30 minutes before the server outage happend. But others have not been able to do their hops or pushes as planned, so we were all affected, but not in the same way.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I was one of the people who didn't receive their last taco token from dpd while the server issues were going on. Everything checked, but not all points registered. This is as straight forward as it gets and as far as I know, no one in my same situation has gotten that last token. CS has refused. So I would not hold your collective breath for anything at all from the outage, even for legitimate issues
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    troy-mcclure.jpg

If you expect compensation from the team that brought you such revelations as"please check your internet connection", "you're supposed to lose", "we didn't test the bosses in boss rush in waves" and "steam players don't get facebook iso or intercepts".

Then you're crazier than a coconut.

wcQkbmy.png
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    One of the other games I play compensated players within mere moments of the Amazon servers coming up. Was really nice.