Bonus Heros Not Working Correctly [Solved]

AdamAnt81
AdamAnt81 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
When I get bonus heros their not even the ones I have favorited. I just get random heros which kinda defeats the purpose of picking which cards we want to receive.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the forum icon_e_smile.gif

Sounds like you should open a support ticket here: https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support

I recommend being more specific and explicit than your post. What favourites have you picked? What bonus covers have you recieved? that sort of thing.
  • I am having the same problem.

I chose Kate Bishop, Spider-Gwen, and Gwenpool as my bonus characters (by clicking on the gold star).

Today I got my first bonus cover and it was for Scarlet Witch. The strange thing was that the initial cover I drew was also Scarlet Witch. So both the original cover and the bonus cover both happened to be Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet Witch has not been favorited by me, and she doesn't have a gold star on her cover profile.

I'd like to buy some covers from the current PVE vault, but I'm not going to if the bonus covers I have a chance of getting aren't even the ones I picked.
  • drkemp
    drkemp Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Finally got my first bonus hero- also one I had not selected. I chose 4* Carol Danvers, war machine and 5* thanks. Got a 3* Captain marvel. Not what I was expecting from this new bonus feature
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    The bonus cover will be the same star level as the drawn cover. If you only "favorite" 4-stars and you pull a 3-star, the bonus cover will be a random 3 because you have no "favorite" 3s.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Additionally, bonus heroes don't apply to the vaults. Standard, Elite, Heroic, and Legendary draws can all drop bonus heroes, as can non-vault event tokens (release PVE and most PVP tokens).
    For best results, choose one character from each rarity as a favorite to get that one powered up efficiently.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Here - read this. It will explain everything you need to know.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60255
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Hello everyone, I have a major question and I understand how the bonus hero pulls work. But!?!
    Do you get a bonus hero (every time) you pull a 3 star character with recruit tokens?
    Ex: Using a recruit token and pulling a 3 star Strange and having 3 star cover hulk selected/favorited in roster. Will I pull a bonus hero hulk?
    I have been getting bonus heroes when it started, then I updated yesterday and now I'm not getting bonus heroes when I pull 3 star covers from recruit tokens; I fear the update has screwed up my bonus heroes. Just like I don't get ads and bonus/intel anymore. icon_e_sad.gif
    P.S. I am playing on a Kindle Fire Tablet.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The only token that guarantees a Bonus Hero is the Standard token, and then only when you pull a 3* hero from one (which is very rare). All other tokens have a straight 5% chance of awarding you a Bonus Hero if you pull a 3*, 4* or 5* from them.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am having the same problem.

I chose Kate Bishop, Spider-Gwen, and Gwenpool as my bonus characters (by clicking on the gold star).

Today I got my first bonus cover and it was for Scarlet Witch. The strange thing was that the initial cover I drew was also Scarlet Witch. So both the original cover and the bonus cover both happened to be Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet Witch has not been favorited by me, and she doesn't have a gold star on her cover profile.

I'd like to buy some covers from the current PVE vault, but I'm not going to if the bonus covers I have a chance of getting aren't even the ones I picked.
    Scarlet Witch is a 3 Star...When you get a bonus hero it's the same Star amount
    if you have no selected 3 Star BH and you get a 3 Star bonus hero rng picks one for you