How many pulls we are talking about?

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The new feature is still sinking in with me. I can't grasp many aspects of the decision making process behind it. One of them is lack of bonus for the Vault pulls.

Granted - there is a higher chance of a 3 and 4* pull in the vault. Still - adding a 5% chance of doubling the result is clearly not a killer to the economy. Unless you ask the developers (or the accountants - not sure who makes the decision). Otherwise they would not block it.

So let's try to do the math here and I hope somebody with solid figures sees this thread to clarify. How many 3* and 4* pulls you can get in a given week (I exclude elite tokens from the calculation as they don't give 4*) if you are not a top level player? Target for me is top 50 in PvE and anything in top100 in PvP from getting to 700-900 points.

PvE gives you pretty much nothing in terms of bonusable tokens when there is a vault open. There is one heroic token in the progression for current event (so if there are two events in a week that would be 2). If you place above 200 you get pretty much event tokens only or elite tokens. On top of that you get 39-64 CP in the progression. That is good for 2-3 extra pulls from classics or 1-2 from latest. Let's add odd 2 heroic tokens from the intercepts.

So PvE gives you maybe 4 heroic pulls and 2-3 legendary pulls per week. Each of them with a 5% chance of a 4* if you draw one.

PvP is not better. If we have 2 PvP events in a week you will get, with reasonable play, 6 event tokens in a week (for going to 850) and 20 CP for one legendary pull. Unless you can constantly rank in top10.

To sum it up: for a week without a new release in PvE we are looking at a staggering 10 heroic/PvP event pulls and 3-4 legendary pulls. So a week worth of tokens statistically doesn't guarantee a single bonus hero (at 1 in 20 pulls ratio).