Bonus Heroes means hoard or no?

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So regardless of how good this new change is (not the thread for discussion), should we start hoarding 20 tokens so we have a better chance of pulling bonus heroes?

Like I know to hoard CP and LTs to get a better chance of 5*s, so now that this happened, if I want more covers of my favorites, should I wait till a certain number of Elite and Heroic tokens? And if so, how many? I'm part of the 50 Standard club, ha.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't matter really because there is no guarantee even if you hoard 100 tokens that you get a bonus cover. Just like all RNG pulls, one person could go 0 for 100 and another person could go 70 of 100.

I'm going to be hoarding because I don't have the ISO to use 70% of the covers in LTs now.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Forced hoarding for me. Odds of pulling a 4* I can't afford to roster is so ridiculously high, there is no way I'll be able to redeem tokens for probably the next year. Got to stock up on ridiculous amount of iso too so I have a chance of leveling them before the clock runs out on the forced treadmill.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does for me. I have about 75% of the 4* tier champed, but out of the characters now in tokens it's more like 40%. Not interested in pulling when there's a better-than-half chance I'll just throw out the covers.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoarding anyway, but now I have to because I only have 5 of the 12 in tokens champed. Most of the others are only a few covers short. If I start pulling a bunch of Legendaries now, I'll need the ISO to champ a bunch of 4*s or just throw covers away.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Like the others here, I think the vaulting of 4*’s would actually necessitate hoarding more than the bonus heroes, unless you’re aiming for characters about to leave the New 12. Since the change I’ve pulled three 4* Cap Marvels in barely 2 days, getting her to 13 covers (4/5/4), so now I’ve got to halt opening all non-vault tokens until I’ve got enough iso to champ her (and replenish my 2* farm. AND save that 14th 3* Thanos cover in my queue).

That’s an issue for players with a larger 4* roster already (I’ve got 30 4* champs, with 8 at 13 covers, 2 of them in the New 12), and who have a steady flow of CP and LT’s coming each week. But even for someone just breaking into the 4* range, its still possible to get overcovered quick thanks to RNG. And there’s still the roster spot cost to consider (though if you hoarding that HP will build up faster than you might expect).

I think same hoarding mentality that people have adopted for build 5* characters can be applied here, build up enough to maximize your shot at a specific yet limited set of characters, and just accept that some characters will just slip through the window during that building time. (as 5* do in the Latest LT’s)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It all depends on how adamant you are about using every single cover for champ levels.

If not, draw away.

If selling off a 14 cover feels like some sort of sin, hoarde.

I'm more of the former mainly because there are even characters I won't roster, I've got no qualms selling like ghost rider and elektra every-time i see them.

It will NOT effect your odds of a bonus draw, which will be 5% regardless.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I don't have a definitive answer on this so I'll just say that it is going to cause me to start hoarding CP again, Deadpool Tacos again, and Latest Legends for the first time. I haven't decided what I'll do with Heroic, Elite, and standard but I'm leaning towards hoarding them also. I will continue to pull event tokens as I get them.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoard more than ever.

Hoard until you can champ all 12 4*'s and all three 3*'s (6-8 months?), and make sure you hoard all ISO to do it as well.

And -THAT- is terrible game design.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Hoard more than ever.

Hoard until you can champ all 12 4*'s and all three 3*'s (6-8 months?), and make sure you hoard all ISO to do it as well.

And -THAT- is terrible game design.

Nothing 6M ISO can't solve. ****

I was previously banking on a 10% boost to my hoard banking on champ. rewards, now that's not going to happen.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I can't get champ rewards as a consolation anymore. If the majority of the pulls increase the iso I need, I should hoard until I have enough iso. I should hoard cp too to try to finish off old 4*, since buying is probably better than bonuses for my 1/5/5 Thor. Although I am not hoarding now, I know I should.