A Perspective on Heroes and Game Design

Options
Komee
Komee Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all, I'm new to posting on the forums but I've been lurking here for about a year. My humble suggestion is that we take a look at this game from a different perspective.

What if MPQ let everyone easily obtain all the covers?

The Marvel license is the most valuable asset that the MPQ has and the game suffers by not allowing players to access their favorite characters. If I'm a brand new player and my favorite character is Star Lord, it makes no sense from a business perspective to wall him off behind either thousands of dollars or years of continuous playing. There should be a way for the players to choose their favorite characters and progress to owning and using them in just a few weeks if not days.

Now I know that MPQ is running on a free to play model, but there are so many ways to creatively expand the game so that everybody, the developer, publisher, and the players all win, without limiting access to the Marvel characters! The game could introduce armor (match damage +20), equipment (Goblin's glider now does 30% more damage), skins (Kate Bishop dons her detective gear, and one of her abilities changes). I came here hoping to start a discussion, not stand a soapbox, so take these as the ramblings of a forever optimist who's brainstorming. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Do you feel that MPQ would benefit from this direction of development? Would you be open to it?

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a person that has spent a pretty penny on skins for LoL I have to say that I support this idea. It is just kind of difficult with multiple of the same character already in game.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These certainly aren't bad ideas. Unfortunately this late in the games life I think such major changes to fundamental mechanics are beyond the ability of the devs to implement without serious difficulty.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yeah, that is why they have so many versions of wolverine, storm, cap, iron man, black widow and spider-man. Because those are the most popular chars, and everyone can play with one of them.

IDK why they don't add some more of the popular chars as 2 star though. 2 star star-lord!
  • Komee
    Komee Posts: 4
    Options
    Development time and effort is a very good point. I know nothing about the the level of difficulty of any potential changes or the capacity of Demiurge. My suggestions were meant merely as jumping off points as I do feel that there are solutions out there that revolve around expanding the pie, rather than figuring out different ways to slice it.