Allow us to select the color of favorite heroes

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
The inevitable problem with only adding *another random cover* to the drop is that someone will get 2 covers they don't need out of 1 pull. Can we make the 'bonus' feel more like guaranteed 'winning'? Let us pick a favorite color for our favorite hero.

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    YES.
    1) This abates the colorless cover complaint.
    2)This encourages experimentation by allowing you to try out combos of unconsidered chars with one good power and another low end toon much quicker than full champ, or whaling
    3)What a gift to 5* players-
    FINALLY OML YELLOW!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    and that came *free* from blowing your horde for a FC Thanos!

The user interface would be basically the same,
    -but you would have to go to the power overview screen and by each name it would have a heart
    -can't be that hard to be more specific in your variables.

Selecting colors is a great idea, I truly hope it is considered.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I have to say this is exactly why I am hesitant to favorite my 1/5/5 Red Hulk. Bonus drops are rare and I think they are designed to feel like a lucky "win".

If I set Rulk as my only 4* favorite, the odds of getting a red cover from a random pull are actually better than they used to be.
    In theory, that's a good thing, but I think it would feel even more like a punch in the gut if I got yet another unusable green or purple when I luck into a bonus drop when I could have favorited someone else who could use any color cover.
    I understand that this is a risk and the choice is left up to the player, but I feel like the whims of RNG can make this very frustrating.