EoTS Progression Question

Options
cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I do not have Gwenpool on my roster. A few quick questions I'm hoping some of the vets can help answer:

- By what day could I reasonably expect to achieve 70k and be able to roster her?

- Should I even bother trying? How far can I hope to get without her? Will I be able to achieve max progression w/o her on my roster at event start?

Just wondering how much effort I should put into a 7 day event that I may not be able to achieve max progression in.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any feedback!

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Play the wave nodes to Green Checks to speed things up
    (The max progression numbers make a lot more sense here)
    Interesting that it looks like they only lowered the final numbers (I got Coulson much earlier in Venom than I'll be getting the Pink Cover for Gwenpool here)
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I do not have Gwenpool on my roster. A few quick questions I'm hoping some of the vets can help answer:

- By what day could I reasonably expect to achieve 70k and be able to roster her?
    - Should I even bother trying? How far can I hope to get without her? Will I be able to achieve max progression w/o her on my roster at event start?
    Just wondering how much effort I should put into a 7 day event that I may not be able to achieve max progression in.
    Cheers and thanks in advance for any feedback!

Not sure about seven-day events, but IMSC, in three and four-day PvEs, if I don't have the four star, I usually hit the four star progression on day two (though not until I do my last two clears, which means I don't get optimal points from the 4* node on day two).
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes, you can easily hit 70k without Gwenpool. The bulk of the points for the event are in the wave nodes, and the four start character isn't needed to get those nodes.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of... have we had an official ruling on wave nodes. Are they all 4 clears now?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last two subs in Enemy of the State have loads of points available too, so if you do full clears you should be able to get final progression even if you are locked out of the Gwenpool nodes at first.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    the points in this event are extremely back loaded. it will likely be day 6 (sub number 5 since the first sub is 2 days and sub 4 is hells kitchen which is garbage for points since it has no wave nodes) before hitting those 4* covers. be patient. it will look like youre not going to make it for several days, but you can indeed.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Speaking of... have we had an official ruling on wave nodes. Are they all 4 clears now?

Bump for this question. 2 or 4 clears?
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded for the info and advice, much appreciated!

Guess I know how my nights are looking for the next week (my event start was midnight). Sleep is overrated anyway.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Just do 4 clears to be safe.
    It's not like it'll take 3 hours longer.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Just thought I'd post a progress report. I just reached max progression today (Day 6) starting without the 4* essential. Was able to roster Gwenpool on Day 5 (or was it 4?). These 7 day PvE's are a bit of a slog.

Thanks again to those who encouraged me to participate. Sitting Top 30 after day 5 in an event I might not have started otherwise.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Just do 4 clears to be safe.
    It's not like it'll take 3 hours longer.

While a perfectly good short term strategy, asking demi for a clear answer is not at all unreasonable!

And if the answer really is prog means 4 clears of everything, rhen it's also fair to ask why events with wave nodes require more (and in the case of eots with its damn 6 wave nodes, significantly more) work than do other events.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since most wave nodes produce a decent token, I would say the extra work is worth it. I do hesitate to call it work since wave nodes are easy.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm around 610,000 without Gwenpool, and I've done 4+ clears of all previous sub nodes. I'm around 4.6 clears on day 6. I might get enough points to score her tonight.

In general, on events when I don't have one of the characters, I do partial clears for the points.

It's usually enough to get the final progression award of CP.

Ever since they changed the nodes to not be time-based, I've gotten like 96% full clears on PvE. Sometimes it takes a bit extra work to get 5 or 6 clears because I lack a character, but it adds like maybe 30 minutes. Totally worth it.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nick Fury Rescue's got tons of points available - 2700 for the 3* essential alone. If you're at around 60k now, that sub will definitely get you the first Gwenpool and most likely the second one too.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    byc wrote:
    I'm around 610,000 without Gwenpool, and I've done 4+ clears of all previous sub nodes. I'm around 4.6 clears on day 6. I might get enough points to score her tonight.

In general, on events when I don't have one of the characters, I do partial clears for the points.

It's usually enough to get the final progression award of CP.

Ever since they changed the nodes to not be time-based, I've gotten like 96% full clears on PvE. Sometimes it takes a bit extra work to get 5 or 6 clears because I lack a character, but it adds like maybe 30 minutes. Totally worth it.

You're right, if you have the extra bit of time it takes it's worth it. I've actually enjoyed playing the Gwenpool nodes so I'm happy to have added her. Cheers!