Got my first Bonus Hero reward (mild rant w/ story!)

tgibbs40
tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
Yellow 3* Strange! Which takes my (now) 2/5/5 Strange NOWHERE. Its 500 ISO.

Someone read that and is going to say, "Spend the 20 CP and finish him"....NO!

CP are even more valuable now to my roster since they are almost my only way of acquiring the 4*s I actually want.

Since I have all the 3* championed except Strange and Thanos, I just decided to go in and favorite all of them.

It made me think of something the senior developer told me when I was just starting out at my job: "Our customers want to complete their task as quickly as possible. The fewer steps we have, the fewer button clicks, the more efficient our applications, the happier they will be. The happier they are, the happier our bosses are. The happier our bosses are, the more we get paid at yearly eval time. The more we get paid, the happier our wives are. Happy wife = Happy Life".

He was right. Clicking how ever many 3*s there are, just to return the game to the state it was a couple days ago, was annoying. It makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes at MPQ. Are there good employees that cringe when told to make certain changes? People that don't want to send out bugged releases every two weeks? Are they singled out (negatively) for having a different thought process? I would like to be Sue Storm in that environment for just a two week span because for all the changes (both good and bad) the process/people they have is what interests me more than the game does at this point.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    You sold the cover instead of waiting for another bonus hero cover to kick in during the next two weeks and possibly letting you use the cover as a champ level?
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Not yet, but based on the amount of purple and yellow 3* Strange I've already had to sell before they expire, I'm assuming that is what will happen. Hopefully not! But I should be realistic.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Favourite-ing all 3*s is the same as favourite-ing none of them. Just so you know. However I would suggest that this is a poor strategy because the higher level champion rewards for 3*s are much better than the lower level ones. You'll get more value out of 40 covers on one than 1 cover on 40.

2) Considering you have already, by your own admission, sold multiple 3* Strange covers, I would assert that the 20 CP you would spend to get this done (and get a legendary token immediately, no less) would absolutely not be a waste of CP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have gotten five bonus Strange covers since the bonus hero system went live. I am sure you'll be able to get one in the right color sooner rather than later.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Highlighting all of the 3s doesnt make it equal to what it used to be before bonus heroes. Half of them will have 2.025 times better odds, the rest will have 0.0041 times the odds rhey had before....due to the rng roll to see if you got a bonus
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    one 3* cover is 20 cp. the first champ level cover gets you a legendary token, which is 25 cp. you're getting a 3* cover and an lt for 20 cp. that's a deal...