shields

Options
Been shielded up for almost a day and a half now and no one has attacked my team 1 time. Is there something wrong there or do people just not get matched up with aheilded teams. Doesn't seem quite right

Comments

• When You're shielded there is much lower chance to show up on someone's radar.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Do not shield for Ragnarok and especially Daken covers! Oh my pasta, a day and a half of shielding.
    I have a feeling that you're quite new. Your priority should be in expanding your roster and keeping 2*s, but if you just spent a few bucks and can actually afford shielding alongside expanding, whatever floats your boat then.
  • locked wrote:
    Do not shield for Ragnarok and especially Daken covers! Oh my pasta, a day and a half of shielding.
    I have a feeling that you're quite new. Your priority should be in expanding your roster and keeping 2*s, but if you just spent a few bucks and can actually afford shielding alongside expanding, whatever floats your boat then.

Ha why does someone always gotta be a douch bag? hahaha I have a pretty hefty roster actually and I don't want the rag, I want the xforce green along with the red I already have. A little over 300 coins is a lot cheaper than what 1 of his covers cost wouldn't you say? Or are you too new to know that?
  • locked wrote:

Ha why does someone always gotta be a douch bag? hahaha I have a pretty hefty roster actually and I don't want the rag, I want the xforce green along with the red I already have. A little over 300 coins is a lot cheaper than what 1 of his covers cost wouldn't you say? Or are you too new to know that?

He might have been condescending but it's sound advice. X.Wolverine is junk right now and only a completionist would want to collect it.

The only people that can attack you while you have your shield up, are those that have you queued up in one of their pins (nodes) at the time you shield. Usually such attacks are due to retaliations.
  • It is "she".
  • A completionist I am lol. Thanks for the info
  • He may be junk now, but in theory he's going to be buffed soon, at which point competition for the covers will probably step up. I wouldn't fault anyone for trying to get the covers now.

Especially if they are releasing another 4* in the near future - that will cut into the number of available covers as well.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    It is "she".

What happened to rule 16?
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    It is "she".

What happened to rule 16?
    it's not working with the Bejeweled type of games.
  • Should be one of the easier tourneys to place first in, good luck

But when you are shielded you won't show up on any ones radar unless they have a retaliation against you lined up
  • Firstly it's "shield".
    Now to the point:
    -When shield was first introduced, people was match up with other people who put up a shield. When someone win vs someone who is shield, this result in 1 people gaining point and the other person not losing any point. When this happen repeatedly, the result is a massive point influx. So they fix that.
    -Now when you shield you don't get match up any more, however you can still be retaliate up on.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Now who's condescending, chill, dude. I thought you might be new because you were asking about mechanics that are pretty well known. And if you want to shield for a cover that's gonna be dead weight for at least several months, it's up to you.

No, 4* won't be replacing 3*s any time soon, Ice has confirmed it himself.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Firstly it's "shield".
    Now to the point:
    -When shield was first introduced, people was match up with other people who put up a shield.
    Grammar police to the spelling nazi, your sentence should at the very least read "were matched".
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Asks about basic game mechanics, then calls someone a noob... (>.>) ... (<.<) ... (>.>)
  • over_clocked
    Options
    No one got called noob although some people thought so icon_e_biggrin.gif anyway being new is completely ordinary, I meant nothing derogatory with the word 'new'.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    Firstly it's "shield".
    Now to the point:
    -When shield was first introduced, people was match up with other people who put up a shield.
    Grammar police to the the spelling nazi, your sentence should at the very least read "were matched".

Internet Redundancy Department of Redundancy reporting in a report of using the same word twice.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    Firstly it's "shield".
    Now to the point:
    Grammar police to the the spelling nazi, your sentence should at the very least read "were matched".

Internet Redundancy Department of Redundancy reporting in a report of using the same word twice.
    lol - well played.