Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum post.

Comments

• Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    They're still available in vaults, which people tend to get more tokens for since PVE subs give one every 1-2 days, plus placement rewards
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could you color the ones still available in tokens differently? Would be nice to have a visual way to see those shake out.

Also, how heavily are you weighting being fed vs being in tokens?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Could you color the ones still available in tokens differently? Would be nice to have a visual way to see those shake out.

Also, how heavily are you weighting being fed vs being in tokens?

A good and reasonable request.

The evaluation was the ranking of the 3* character, the ranking of the 4* character it rewards, the ranking of the 2* character that feeds the 3* (if any), along with a factor for "availability". That factor for those in tokens was 3, for those not it was 2 ... so a 50% boost to the "in" crowd ...

... which as stated in the OP is pretty arbitrary. Halfarsed guesstimate base on my experience. And that experience is that more 3s come from event placement and progression and champ rewards than tokens (since there is no primarily 3* token). And the reverse if true of 4s, more from tokens than from events.

Buuuuut ... for a typical player .... if not getting any from placement, nor farming 2s very aggressively or not at all ... mybe the boost to the fed 3*s should be bigger?

Would take data to make a better factor. Date from many players, that represented a sample of the playerbase. Data I don't have, don't keep.

What do you think?

Off the top of my head I'd say adding the full 4* ranking for feeder 3*s might be a bit much since 3* farms aren't really a thing; for most players 1 4* cover reward is all they'll see for years, which is hardly grounds for valuing Ragnarok that much more highly than Black Panther (maybe that's the most extreme example). Even if you get more Rags covers from farming Ares than you get BP covers from tokens (thats 3 BP covers vs 63 Ares covers), Black Panther does way more for any roster than Ragnarok, unless your champed 4* roster doesn't care about either of them, at which point this whole ranking is probably meaningless.
  • Jaedenkaal
    OK I did some math. To get 63 Ares covers from heroic tokens, you would need to open 1207 of them.

~67.857% of those will be 2*s (1.0- 1/14 - 1/4), which is about 819. Of those, only 1/13 will be Ares. 63 Ares covers on average.

In the meantime, About 302 of those same tokens will have given 3* covers. 1/20 of those will be Black Panther, so that's an average of 15 BP covers along with your 63 Ares covers (and 3 Ragnarok covers you'll get from that).

(You'll also get about 86 4* covers, roughly 7 of each of the 12, AND you'll get ~13 bonus 4* covers and ~47 bonus 3* covers)
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Spider-Man should be at least a tier higher. but players hate him. Unjustly so.

Strongly disagree. He knows what he did.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Done, those out of tokens are in pale blue. Tried a illness-inducing brown, but that was awful.
    Aes, your coloring is off... there are a bunch of characters listed in blue that are definitely in tokens now, according to the chart on the Bonus Heroes page... It looks like the Minor Nobles section has the colors reversed (Captain Marvel and Human Torch are the only ones of that list that aren't in tokens, the rest are). Same thing is almost happening with the Merchant Class, but Mystique is in blue... it should be Thanos, Luke Cage and Blade that are in black, the rest in blue. For the Common Peasants, Loki, Squirrel Girl, Rocket & Groot and Falcon should be in black as they are in tokens. For Untouchables Daredevil should be in black; he's in tokens. Also, in the big Warrior Priest Kings section, classic Mags should be in blue -- he is not in tokens (but he does have a 2* feeder).

It's an interesting list. I was doing a similar kind of thing on my own in my roster spreadsheet, to figure out what 3* to make my current bonus hero. I ended up choosing The Hood, as he is currently not in tokens, has no 2* feeder, and he is just a few levels away from giving me another Ghost Rider cover, which will give me another champ level, which will give me another LT. Manufacturing my own eventual reward cascade.
  • Jaedenkaal
    I think I'll be fav-ing my 3*s to get them to 223, and then switch. I'll probably just do it by order of who's closest (Currently Thor at 216, then Human Torch at 206), possibly leaving some at 222 if they aren't in tokens normally and would generate a currently unusable 4* cover (which currently is only Sam. 1/40 is pretty good. And 4* Sam is close-ish to being championed. Or, was. Hm Guess he's making the 4* fav slot sooner rather than later.)
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised to see Daken in the top tier ... but he has a feeder, and for some reason, players ranked X-23 very, very highly.

Rags, way above his weight ... also thanks to ... X-23.

And poor Panther so low ... he's got no feeder, and his rewards, MrEffer, are not a fan favorite. And MrF's buff postdated those rankings. That buff might have helped .... a bit. A tiny, tiny bit.

Spider-Man should be at least a tier higher. but players hate him. Unjustly so.
    it would be nice if Spidey had a power that does damage (which even Sam Wilson does now)
    Loki's powers aren't affected by his level, but he's also kinda useless against goons
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I think I'll be fav-ing my 3*s to get them to 223, and then switch. I'll probably just do it by order of who's closest (Currently Thor at 216, then Human Torch at 206), possibly leaving some at 222 if they aren't in tokens normally and would generate a currently unusable 4* cover (which currently is only Sam. 1/40 is pretty good. And 4* Sam is close-ish to being championed. Or, was. Hm Guess he's making the 4* fav slot sooner rather than later.)

That's a tough call. I have many of my 3s past 240 and man do the rewards get sweet. Helping those no longer in tokens should be sound. For now I just fave-o-righted Thano3 and Strang3. Hope it helps them play with ketchup.

Yeah it'll depend on how fast they come in, I guess.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    There. Couldn't stand it. Revised the stratification in the OP.
      • Updated the character rankings (I love Ebola's rankings, but they are already outadated on several chars, and there are several instance of crowd bias ... so, yes, my opinion is my better, ha) • Doubled the weight of the character being in tokens, to reflect what i believe to be a more common player experience (i.e., getting more 3s from tokens than from events) • Reduced the weight given to the value of 4* rewards, same reason • Recalculated.

Overall improvement I think. A much pointier pyramid, too. The top characters are solid performers, are fed by solid 2*s, and reward decent / great 4s. They were blessed by birth and/or buffs, blessed both ways by champ reward schemes, and blessed again by being retained in tokens.

The farther down you go, the less true that is and the fewer blessings found.

Wait, QS rewards War Machine??? ****? .... well, dang, it's true. Arrrrgh.

Someone could probably have similar amusement ranking 4s this way. And updating this ranking of 3s should they actually rotate them in tokens as implied.

As always, have fun, kids.

In the character sub-forum Jarvind did a pretty accurate and comprehensive 4* ranking.

EDIT: Its here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56176 in case anyone would like to use said ranking to do the same.