Add new Token pool

Mercalla
Mercalla Posts: 94
Regarding the 'trimming' down of winnable 4's in Legends packs. What about keeping it as-is for latest legends, but making the 4's in classic packs to be the original 12-16 4*'s and also trimming down the 5's in there to the oldest 3 or 4. Then, add a new Legends pack that covers middle aging, call it Core Legends or something else. It can have the 5's and 4's that fall between the oldest and newest groupings.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Your solution still winds up succumbing to dilution; though it would happen at a slower rate. We eventually find ourselves back in the position we were in last week - with a token that is too clogged with heroes to allow players to make meaningful progress into the next stage of their game.

The dilemma that has been created with a character-pools that are either: developer-curated (3*s), or defined by recency of launch (4*s) is that players are reduced to only being able to effectively cover and play the curated, or newest characters instead of the characters they 'like' or 'want to' play. Let's say you really liked Age of Ultron and want to play Hulkbuster... tough cookies - Riri is your only 'iron' option right now. And if you haven't been reading comics very recently, you probably don't even really know who she is. The fact that your 'favorite character' exists but you can't have it shouldn't be something that can happen.

Splitting heroes into groups 'breaks up teams' that could be favorites, and doesn't help either.

I think the 'best' option is to allow they to constrain the tokens to some set of "theirs" and a few of "ours". So if 12 is the magic number, the game assigns 8, and we pick 4?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd appreciate a discounted (or even still 20CP, though I'd appreciate 15CP) Legacy Legendary, with the archived Legendary and oldest Epic (shunt PHX, SS, and OML right in there!) heroes. Eventually (2 more years maybe?) I should have the currently archived and newer Legendary heroes Champed, and having a more efficient Legacy store to work with would be a better way to build things.