Best way to get older 4*s now?

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok so I have had very poor Nova luck, but I really like him. What is the best way to get his covers now?

Comments

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Ok so I have had very poor Nova luck, but I really like him. What is the best way to get his covers now?
    Have only Nova as a 4* favorite
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vaults, progression creative use of favorites, placement
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    The quickest is still to by covers for 120 CP a pop, provided you have at least 1/1/1. Still wasteful though.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    think i might write a guide on this!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    You guys do realize they still drop in progressions and pvp right and you still can get him in the normal draws? I am right there with you I am sitting on a lvl 209 Nova who I really want to max but I am having a hard time seeing a down side to this new system. I am really beginning to wonder if this is a vet verse new player issue. For the vets (800+ days) I do not see much or an issue for new players I can understand their issues, lets give it a try before we worry about it. It reminds me of when new characters drop, day 1-5 or Red Hulk "oh my god he sucks", six months in "top 5 4-stars". Wait and see 2 days is not enough to make an informed decision icon_e_smile.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a lot of people the only option will be getting him as a Bonus Hero or progression. Most people in the 4* transition or below are not running developed enough rosters to place in star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover range in PVP. They might be able to do so in PVE, but it would require them having the required 4* so...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Create a time machine.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    okay, i made a guide. Appreciate any feedback.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    JablesMc wrote:
    Have only Nova as a 4* favorite

Set 3* Strange as your 3* favorite too, as he gives Nova covers as champ rewards.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    TimGunn wrote:
    okay, i made a guide. Appreciate any feedback.

Not a bad effort think you covered everything there icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Keep on Demiurge's back until they reinstate a way to get older 4 star.png s from tokens.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:
    You guys do realize they still drop in progressions and pvp right and you still can get him in the normal draws? I am right there with you I am sitting on a lvl 209 Nova who I really want to max but I am having a hard time seeing a down side to this new system. I am really beginning to wonder if this is a vet verse new player issue. For the vets (800+ days) I do not see much or an issue for new players I can understand their issues, lets give it a try before we worry about it. It reminds me of when new characters drop, day 1-5 or Red Hulk "oh my god he sucks", six months in "top 5 4-stars". Wait and see 2 days is not enough to make an informed decision icon_e_smile.gif

PVP... there is 41 4*'s at the moment, 41 x 2.5 (lenght of pvp event) = 1 cover every 102 days, 3 covers a year LOL
    PVE... 41 x 3.5 (we roughly get 2 pve per week, 7/2) = 1 cover every 143 days

Finishing top10 or top 5 is not reasonnable for most people so Im not counting those as real chances to cover older 4*'s.

Do you realize now how long it will be to cover an out of rotation 4*? (and also, a LOT less champ rewards)
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    PVP... there is 41 4*'s at the moment, 41 x 2.5 (lenght of pvp event) = 1 cover every 102 days, 3 covers a year LOL
    Finishing top10 or top 5 is not reasonnable for most people so Im not counting those as real chances to cover older 4*'s.Do you realize now how long it will be to cover an out of rotation 4*? (and also, a LOT less champ rewards)

There are actually 47 4*s right now, and the number is growing by about two per month, so the situation is worse than you indicate. Unless you mean there are only 41 in PvP/PvE rotation.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    astrp3 wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Finishing top10 or top 5 is not reasonnable for most people so Im not counting those as real chances to cover older 4*'s.Do you realize now how long it will be to cover an out of rotation 4*? (and also, a LOT less champ rewards)

There are actually 47 4*s right now, and the number is growing by about two per month, so the situation is worse than you indicate. Unless you mean there are only 41 in PvP/PvE rotation.

You're right, forgot a couple. Well then the number would be 45 (Howard and DD don't show up as progression unless its their
    respective special event), soooo... its worse and will just get even worse down the road.