The Proof is in the Pullin

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So rather than continue having a tantrum like a child, I decided to blow my hoarded CP and see how it plays out. There doesn't seem to be any reason to hoard CP now and since I'll get almost exclusively newer characters that I won't need to sell of covers for it seemed worthwhile.

Spent 480 CP on 24 Classic Pulls.
4* pulls - 20 (20:24 | 83.33%)
5* pulls - 4 (4:24 | 16.67%) [Bonus excluded]

Bonus covers recieved -1 (1:24 | 4.167%)

List:
:katebishop: purpleflag.png
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGblackflag.png
icon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.pngtoken_legendary.png
icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngbuff_new.png
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGredflag.png
icon_blade.pngredflag.png
icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png
icon_ironman.pngblueflag.pngtoken_legendary.png
icon_spiderman.pngblueflag.pngtoken_legendary.png
Riri_Icon.pngredflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGgreenflag.png
Riri_Icon.pnggreenflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGblackflag.png
icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.png
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGredflag.png
icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_hulk.pngblackflag.pngtoken_legendary.png
icon_venom.pngyellowflag.png (agent)
Riri_Icon.pngredflag.png
icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGgreenflag.png
wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png
icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png
icon_katebishop.pngblackflag.png

Roster changes:

4*
icon_katebishop.png 1/3/3 to 1/4/5
icon_caroldanvers.png 2/1/1 to 3/2/1
wasp_icon.png 3/0/2 to 4/0/2
GwenpoolIcon.PNG 1/2/2 to 2/3/4
Riri_Icon.png 1/1/2 to 1/3/3
icon_venom.png 0/2/0 to 0/2/1 (agent)
icon_moonknight.png 3/4/3 to 3/5/3
SpiderWoman_icon.PNG 4/1/1 to 5/1/3
icon_peggycarter.png 2/4/5 to 3/4/5
icon_blade.png 1/1/0 to 2/1/0

5* token_legendary.png
icon_hulk.png 2/1/0 to 2/2/0
icon_ironman.png 0/1/0 to 0/2/0
icon_jeangrey.png 0/2/1 to 1/2/1
icon_blackwidow.png 0/1/0 to 0/1/1
icon_spiderman.png 0/0/0 to 1/0/0

Pros:
- Everything was usable because the characters were fresher.

Cons:
- Spending almost 500 CP and only getting 1 bonus character prove how painfully, impossibly slow it's gonna be to get any of the old 4*s.

Thoughts:
This probably going to increase hoarding that much in the long run. Now it's gonna be pull till you get the point where you have most of the 12 covered, then wait till there are a new 12 (so what like a year??). I still think this is really really bad for the long term roster development of anyone but those already past the 4* tier.

Definitely done spending on the game unless they change this.

I have 44 Latest Legends saved up. I will pull those at some point but right now I don't have the HP (I'm sure as hell not buying it now icon_rolleyes.gif ) to roster the 2 5*s I don't have so I'm gonna wait till then, but I'll post that when I do.

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do you think it makes your argument stronger to try to belittle others who saw EXACTLY what you did without needing to spend 500CP?

The thread itself constantly has references to people saying it's only a 5% chance per draw.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Do you think it makes your argument stronger to try to belittle others who saw EXACTLY what you did without needing to spend 500CP?

The thread itself constantly has references to people saying it's only a 5% chance per draw.
    IIRC, broll was one of those who was VERY vocal with criticism yesterday, so I believe that was intended as self-deprecation.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i suggest opening as many as you can before next Thursday (March 9) to try to fully cover Moon Knight and Kate Bishop. They will likely be rotated out on that date.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or you could continue pulling while the blessed 12 are in and get some mad champ levels on brand new characters.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Thoughts:
    This probably going to increase hoarding that much in the long run. Now it's gonna be pull till you get the point where you have most of the 12 covered, then wait till there are a new 12 (so what like a year??). I still think this is really really bad for the long term roster development of anyone but those already past the 4* tier.

I agree with this analysis. I know I am going to hoard until I have enough iso reserve to champ whoever I pull from the latest 12 batch now. The chance of me pulling a 14th cover for an unchamped, unleveled hero just skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, at the 3* tier which I'm comfortably past, the bonus heroes are working out fine. I favorited Dr Strange because he's lower than my other champs and useful in pve, and have already got 4 extra covers for him.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or you could continue pulling while the blessed 12 are in and get some mad champ levels on brand new characters.

To what end? My plan before this change was to start working on championing all my 4*s slowly and keeping them in a general level range much like my 3*s are now. It's nice they work well together and it works well for scaling. Now it's gonna be much easier to champion up the current 12 flavors but near impossible to do much with any of the others. I have always been a big proponent of skipping the 4* tier and going right to 5*, but currently that feels like the more viable plan because:
    1. They have a plan to change scaling to SCL based so you will need to have the highest characters to stay in the highest SCLs
    2. It's possible to get covers all your 5*, actually easier than the non-12 4*.

It just seems like the flipped 4*/5* progression completely on it's head.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This change definitely promotes hoarding more than ever before - especially for players in 4* tier or 5* progression.

I have 16 4* champs, with another 8 fully covered but unleveled. My progression path now is to hoard everything until I have enough ISO to champ 2-3 4* heroes & ~2k CP so that I can open a stack of Latest LTs with the intent of fully covering whatever the best new 5* is at the time.

It's kinda nice to have a clear objective, but I'm not keen on the idea of my roster stagnating in that time.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did the same thing - 6 (6!) Riri greenflag.png later ..... icon_e_sad.gif

about 40 Leg tokens opened and not a single Bonus Hero
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well not legendary but I opened a 40 pack of heroics and got 5 bonus heroes. Four 3s and one 4. So right at the 8% level.
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Copps wrote:
    Well not legendary but I opened a 40 pack of heroics and got 5 bonus heroes. Four 3s and one 4. So right at the 8% level.

My math probably isn't what it used to be, but wouldn't getting 5 bonus ones out of 40 be 12.5%?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think a lot of people are focusing on LL and CL (which is fine) but I think this change works really well with the other tokens (PvP, heroic, elite, and standard). I think we will be surprised at how fast the 3* tier gets leveled.