New Calculus: When to champ a Blessed 12 member

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I was planning to champ SpiderGwen today; she has 3 covers dying on the vine.

But I also have a single expiring cover for my 5/3/5 4* Cage.

Is it now an easy call to champ Cage instead of Gwen? I will have to sell 2 more covers right now, but I am also WAY more likely to pull Cage covers over the next month or two.

And of course I spend half a million iso over the past three weeks champing elektra and Thing because I was sick of selling their covers all the time. That was wasted effort! But at least I haven't champed Eddie Venom yet. He now seems destined to remain unchamped for as long as this vaulting system lasts.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    How big ISO investment are we talking about for them?
    It's still possible to get the older fourstars from the event vaults and event rewards. But yes, you probably want Cage champed sooner rather than later even though championing Gwen is not a total waste.
  • Vhailorx
    Quebbster wrote:
    It's still possible to get the older fourstars from the event vaults and event rewards. But yes, you probably want Cage champed sooner rather than later even though championing Gwen is not a total waste.

They are both effectively unleveled, so 350k+ Iso to champ. And there is no chance that I can do both before covers start expiring. I wasted that opportunity champing Thing a few days ago. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

They are both effectively unleveled, so 350k+ Iso to champ. And there is no chance that I can do both before covers start expiring. I wasted that opportunity champing Thing a few days ago. icon_e_sad.gif
    Ouch. icon_e_sad.gif I'd probably prioritize Cage in that case - he shouldn't get out of the pool for at least Another two or Three seasons, so you'll have ample opportunity to add more covers for him. Plus, he's pretty good and fun to play. icon_e_smile.gif And if the next release is a 4* Iron Fist as I suspect he may get even better...
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did the same, champed reed, iw and falcap in feb becuase they had covers expiring and now I'm out of ISO. Then all of a sudden I get spider-woman, venom, gwenpool and Kate bishop covers. Chances are, I will get enough ISO to definitely champ one of them, may be 2 if I really push for it for the next 14 days. No way I can do all 4 and I'm afraid that's another venom and spider-woman cover that will turn to 2k ISO.
  • Quebbster
    Pongie wrote:
    I did the same, champed reed, iw and falcap in feb becuase they had covers expiring and now I'm out of ISO. Then all of a sudden I get spider-woman, venom, gwenpool and Kate bishop covers. Chances are, I will get enough ISO to definitely champ one of them, may be 2 if I really push for it for the next 14 days. No way I can do all 4 and I'm afraid that's another venom and spider-woman cover that will turn to 2k ISO.
    One thing to consider is that Kate will likely leave the tokens next week when the new season starts and Mordo and Coulson enter the token pool, bumping out Moon Knight and Kate Bishop. She's awesome and well Worth championing (she's my lone fourstar bonus hero at the moment as I'd really like to get her past the current 5/2/3 build...), but you may have more opportunities to apply champion levels to Spider-woman. It's your call though.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I was in the same boat for Cage and Gwen recently, though with equal covers in the queue for both. I ended up going with Cage and selling Gwen. I feel pretty confidently, even before the change yesterday, that was the right call. He’s more than just one power (her red), and that gives you more options. Boosted he’s a beast, and a lot of fun to play with Mr. F and Carnage (in PVE), two characters I never thought I’d use much outside of Crash or Essential nodes.

Plus, you know there must be 4* Iron Fist on the way at some point, so you’ve got the future synergy to think about with Cage as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Tatercat wrote:
    I was in the same boat for Cage and Gwen recently, though with equal covers in the queue for both. I ended up going with Cage and selling Gwen. I feel pretty confidently, even before the change yesterday, that was the right call. He’s more than just one power (her red), and that gives you more options. Boosted he’s a beast, and a lot of fun to play with Mr. F and Carnage (in PVE), two characters I never thought I’d use much outside of Crash or Essential nodes.

Plus, you know there must be 4* Iron Fist on the way at some point, so you’ve got the future synergy to think about with Cage as well.

Hmm. We disagree there. Gwen is on par with cage, maybe even slightly better overall. Her yellow is pure trash. But that purple is a stunlock machine; and stunlockers hit way above their weight in this game. Not top tier at all, but solidly useful. Just like cage.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I was in the same boat and champed Gwen on Monday because I had 4 covers for her and only one for Cage. If I had that choice over again.... *sighs*
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I was planning to champ SpiderGwen today; she has 3 covers dying on the vine.

But I also have a single expiring cover for my 5/3/5 4* Cage.

Is it now an easy call to champ Cage instead of Gwen? I will have to sell 2 more covers right now, but I am also WAY more likely to pull Cage covers over the next month or two.

And of course I spend half a million iso over the past three weeks champing elektra and Thing because I was sick of selling their covers all the time. That was wasted effort! But at least I haven't champed Eddie Venom yet. He now seems destined to remain unchamped for as long as this vaulting system lasts.

I would be inclined to champ SG as you already have the covers for her and she is out of the 12 listed 4 stars for bog standard pulls. You can change your Bonus toon to Cage get his pulls from 2 sources and then just save up as you go and level him that way. That’s what id do anyhow
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ... I am also WAY more likely to pull Cage covers over the next month or two.

Only if you open tokens.

And aren't we all super excited that demi is giving us more incentives to hoard!