Why I Believe Bonus Heroes Is the Biggest Nerf Yet

2»

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Psst... buy a Bugle Pittance instead next time, you save money and still get ad-free Intercepts!

How long does the ad-free status last when you buy a pittance? The full month?
    [/quote]

Yes. You are ad-free for a month if you have bought anything, not just VIP.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bulls wrote:
    Tbh I feel that ppl overreacting. Sure atm you might be in small disadvantage as your 4* champ rewards will slow down but soon you'll have new added to that group and they'll start rolling. You can still keep getting older champs via getting top10 in pve or top5 in pvp, you can also use bonus hero feature to chase those chars that are close to significant reward (ie anything that sits at **8 or **9 covers). Im at even worse situation that Pheregas as I've took a break from mpq just after peggy event so now out of 12 4* that are in packs I have only one champed - Moon Knight and 25 other champions that won't give me rewards now. Im getting one new champ in around 7-10 days, so it's at faster pace than they're throwing new 4* at us. It's also excelent feature for all those new players or those that starting 3 to 4 transition. For them it's an opportunity to enter new area, start with strong 4* characters and ejoy it. So just keep playing for 2-3 months and you won't see a difference anylonger.

Maybe people aren't overreacting and have merely recognised the new reality for what it is, you mention that champ rewards will slow down but will soon be supplemented by new ones, that simply isn't true as the older ones will mostly grind to a halt and when you eventually get enough iso and have wasted a bunch more covers than necessary, you will start getting champ levels at a much lower level where the rewards are far less. By the time you are starting to move a character up to decent levels of champ rewards, guess what they will have dropped out of the newest 12 and their rewards will also grind to a halt.

Before this change, I had an 85% chance of getting a usable cover from an LT and that number was steadily climbing as I added more champions, immediately after the change that dropped to 79% and will rapidly reduce still further as more of the latest 12 get 5 covers in specific covers. The vaulting part of this change is a massive nerf to most people in the long run and as far as your 2-3 month prediction, you are right people won't see any difference because they will be continually in a cycle of trying to champ new characters and then seeing them drop out before they start generating decent rewards.