Don't hide Standard/Elite shops when tokens run out

Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
Ever since Elite tokens were introduced, it has bothered me that the page disappears from the Recruit section when you have zero tokens. Now the Standard page is apparently vanishing as well.

Since Standard and Elite tokens are not tied to a specific time-sensitive event, those pages should remain viewable by the player at any time. A player might want to take a look at the drop rates, especially now that sweeping changes to character drops have a lot of players on edge. Even if the changes primarily affect characters that aren't available through Standard & Elite tokens, players should still be able to view that information.

Just display "Get some [whichever kind] tokens to recruit!" over the button if the stash is empty. Or, if you're feeling really user-friendly (!), you could add a "How/where do I find these tokens?" tip to the page.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I disagree with this suggestion. I think its helpful to remove a store that you have no ability to interact with. Event stores don't stay. After an event closes, and you have opened all the tokens you earned, that store goes away. When the event runs again, and you have use of it, it comes back.

This metaphor didn't bother you with all the PVE and PVP stores and vaults that pop up and get torn down with every event; why would it bother you with these?

Once they eliminated the ability to buy standard tokens with ISO, it only makes sense that the store goes away when you don't have standard tokens.

Bravo... for getting rid of the ISO buy for standards. That was like putting child-proof caps on medicine bottles; a great safety measure to prevent people from hurting themselves.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well it is a little different than event stores, because you can get standard and elite tokens at any time, whereas you can't get event tokens except during the event. And I agree, it was a little weird when Elite tokens were introduced, and the page wasn't always there when you didn't have any. But I got over that, and I'll get over this. Frankly the standard token odds have always been depressing anyways icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    This metaphor didn't bother you with all the PVE and PVP stores and vaults that pop up and get torn down with every event; why would it bother you with these?

Because the event shops don't vanish and return 8 times in a single day if I decide to redeem my tokens as I get them.

If removing cover shops is supposed to be solving some kind of problem, then I would like all the PVP/PVE shops to be hidden from me unless I have tokens. I won't interact with those shops by spending HP, so they are effectively just as useless without tokens. The extra steps that those shops add in navigating between Standard/Elite and DDQ vault is more of an inconvenience than allowing 2 of the most common shops to continue existing all the way at one far end.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm honestly fine with removing pages where I can do nothing except check the odds. I guess I can see why some people might want them, but I can also see people pleased by less clutter. Maybe a bigger redesign of the token pull UI would be in order to please both sides.