We can't buy standard tokens now?

MyNameIsRed
MyNameIsRed Posts: 63
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I just used my last stored standard token and the tab disappeared, like the elite tokens, the tab only shows if I have them?

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Well you shouldn't have been buying them anyway. And I'm hoping this means they are phasing them out for people past a certain SCL.
  • Sometimes I like to. It passes the time.

And while you are right, it was an interesting observation that they disappeared.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mainly because a gold flash from a Standard means two 3* covers now, I'd imagine. Not that spending ISO on Standards, even then, is a GOOD use of resources, but that way if they ever release a new 3* again, you won't be able to whale one up to champion status with nothing but ISO.

That's my guess, anyhow.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    With how ISO starved I am now, I wish I could get back the ISO I'd spent buying them when ISO felt way more plentiful.

It probably wasn't even much, maybe a 4* level or two, but even so...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    With how ISO starved I am now, I wish I could get back the ISO I'd spent buying them when ISO felt way more plentiful.

It probably wasn't even much, maybe a 4* level or two, but even so...

There was a time, pre-Champions, pre-SCL, all that jazz, when it felt like I would never ever make significant 4* progress.

So I'd spend 50k ISO at a time on standards looking for 3* covers.

Yeah, I'd take that back if I knew then what I know now.
  • uthor
    uthor Posts: 3
    DFiPL wrote:
    Not that spending ISO on Standards, even then, is a GOOD use of resources,

What is a good use of ISO, then? Most of my three stars are championed and the ISO is just building up.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    uthor wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

What is a good use of ISO, then? Most of my three stars are championed and the ISO is just building up.
    Start leveling/champing your star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or save it up and blow it all at once on multiple star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png.
  • uthor
    uthor wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Start leveling/champing your star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or save it up and blow it all at once on multiple star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png.

My four stars are also leveled and championed. You can use ISO to get more four star cards?

What I need is more roster slots. Hero points are my bottleneck. icon_neutral.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    uthor wrote:
    uthor wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

My four stars are also leveled and championed. You can use ISO to get more four star cards?

What I need is more roster slots. Hero points are my bottleneck. icon_neutral.gif
    How's your star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png look? Maybe start leveling the ones that are viable if there are any.
  • uthor
    How's your star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png look? Maybe start leveling the ones that are viable if there are any.

Durr, I guess my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png aren't championed. But all my heroes are leveled as far as they can go.

As far as I'm aware, I can only use ISO to level/champion my heroes or (I used to) buy standard tokens. I can't level my heroes more unless I get more covers/tokens. What else is there to spend ISO on?

Playing the Deadpool Daily Quest, I get 8-10k ISO and one or two star.pngstar.pngstar.png cards daily. Since my star.pngstar.pngstar.png are championed (mostly), I don't need ISO to level them and it just sits there. I was starved for a while when I was still getting them up to champion, but now it just builds up quickly. I only make a dent if I randomly get a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

(I built up about 60,000 ISO in the last week and a half, including dropping 30,000 to level up a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover I randomly got.)
  • JamieMadrox
    uthor wrote:

Durr, I guess my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png aren't championed. But all my heroes are leveled as far as they can go.

As far as I'm aware, I can only use ISO to level/champion my heroes or (I used to) buy standard tokens. I can't level my heroes more unless I get more covers/tokens. What else is there to spend ISO on?

Playing the Deadpool Daily Quest, I get 8-10k ISO and one or two star.pngstar.pngstar.png cards daily. Since my star.pngstar.pngstar.png are championed (mostly), I don't need ISO to level them and it just sits there. I was starved for a while when I was still getting them up to champion, but now it just builds up quickly. I only make a dent if I randomly get a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

(I built up about 60,000 ISO in the last week and a half, including dropping 30,000 to level up a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover I randomly got.)
    Just save it man. You'd be surprised how quickly ypou can blow through 500K ISO once you get a good run of covers.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Savings newbies from themselves...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    uthor wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Yup, just save it. It takes over 300,000 ISO to fully level and champion a 4* character, and nearly double that for a 5*. Even just considering the 12 4*s available in tokens, that's nearly 4 million ISO (give or take) that you'll need to be saving. And they release a new 4* every two weeks, except for the 'breaks' when they release a 5* instead.