Which 5* is your "favourite"?

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
POLL edition!

Will OML be on the top of everyone's list now that bonus is out or are there some hidden gems out there?

Me personally, Black Panther because I don't have him yet icon_razz.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix is my only champ 5, if I'm going to get a bonus I'm 100% able to use it
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange and Thanos are my best-covered 5*; if I can get a shot at covers of theirs from Bonus Heroes even if I'm opening Classic legendaries, I feel like that's the way to go.

That way I can continue to cover my 4* on the cheap and still have a shot at more covers for the Doc and the Mad Titan.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I picked Phoenix, Widow and Hulk - the only one of those I really want is Phoenix, but they're the ones closest to being covered.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I went with bolt. I didn't get him fully covered in latest so I'm hoping to get more green/yellow for him. He's at 11 covers so it makes more sense to try to get him finished.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Black Bolt isn't terribly exciting, but he's the one I play most, so I went with him.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Cu2TqirL.jpg

for obvious reasons and because i actually use her as something other than a bullet sponge
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    "Her"? Who could that be, then?

I selected IM46, because mine is pretty evenly covered (2/3/3) and Black Panther, because I don't got 'im yet.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix has 11 covers so she's my favorite until I can champ her. Then I'll probably switch to Black Bolt.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've got 3* Strange champed, 5* Strange's yellow passive is pitiful at one cover.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Suit Spider-Man. It is the coolest cover in MPQ. It's Spider-Man. It's Spider-Man in the best costume in comics.

Every time a superhero gets a major costume overhaul it rarely works, often returning to the classic after a short period of time. Not Spider-Man. He keeps going back to black with regularity, because it's awesome. It's not your typical 'all-new, different, edgy' costume change meant to buff sales and draw in new readers, the black suit is rich part of Spider-Man's history with a story all to itself. First it was the symbiote. Then it was an ordinary costume made by Spider-Man's girlfriend (Black Cat) because she thought he looked sexy in it. Then it was discarded, because Spider-Man's wife (Mary Jane) was disturbed by it, due to her fear of Venom. It was the costume Kraven chose to wear during his Last Hunt, after finally defeating his long-elusive prey and stealing his mantle. Then it came back, because Spidey was pissed-off and wanted his costume to reflect his anger, he felt different in it - like a bad-****. When Peter dons the black suit you know it's on. His demeanor changes. He prowls the night and and uses fear against the back-alley thugs, rather than his usual wit and comedy. It's a tool, and it's gorgeous.

Batman can wear armor. Steve Rogers can be 'The Captain'. Superman can lose the briefs. Wolverine can go brown for a while. But they all go back eventually and the costume change gets left behind, forgotten.

But not the black suit. Like the death of Gwen Stacy, or 'You just hit the jackpot, Tiger', the black suit is a huge part of Spider-Man lore that will always live on.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos is my most covered 5* at 2/2/3 and the one I use most so I guess him.

However the one 5* I really want fully covered is OML. He's still only 1/0/0 icon_e_sad.gif