Issues Getting Into the Game

mwc
mwc Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
Anyone else besides me having issues getting past the loading screen after this latest update push? I was able to get on around 12:30 CST, and then trying to get on for the past half hour, I get to the loading screen, then just past it, before the app just suddenly crashes on me.

There's been a few times I have been able to get to the big annoucement for Bonus Heroes, but I'm unable to get past that before the app crashes again. I have restarted my phone and no change in this issue. Anyone else on Android having this issue?

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. I last entered the game around 5:45 pm Eastern time. The game gets past the loading screen and either cuts out immediately or gives me the Reward screen from the 5pm Lightning Round without being able to click on anything.
  • Also had the same issue. I get as far as the bonus heroes update notification and then it crashes no matter what I try icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ghreuss
    Ghreuss Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Also having this issue on Android. I've tested a few things. I can play fine when there's a fresh account playing after a new install or if I link a different Facebook account. I can also play fine with my regular account on my amazon tablet and my galaxy tablet. It only seems to crash on my phone and only with one account.

Crashes as soon as the game opens. I guess it syncs with the server, as when I am playing on a separate device it kicks me out on the functioning device for logging in on multiple devices. It also shows my current ranking for the story prior to crashing, so it at least updates that much.

Galaxy S6 is the device that's crashing.
  • mwc
    mwc Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Is yours an Android and version 5.0.1 like mine? Trying to see if there's a correlation here that maybe the update borked the game for certain versions.
  • ZeiramMR
    mwc wrote:
    Is yours an Android and version 5.0.1 like mine? Trying to see if there's a correlation here that maybe the update borked the game for certain versions.
    Yes and yes.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got this too. Moto X Pure. Android 6.0

My iPad still works.
  • Fentris
    Fentris Posts: 1
    It appears to be something with the main menu of the game. My wife and I have identical phones, she can get in without a problem, but always ends up on the screen for her current mission. I get in, see the enemy of the state placeholder and immediately crash. Worked fine for me earlier before enemy of the state appeared.
  • Same issue here. Using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android version 6.0.1. The game worked fine all day. I was playing it a little after 4pm. Then went to play some more an hour or so later and the game loads and then crashes. And I was doing good in the PvE event too......
  • ZeiramMR
    At this point, I've sent in a CS ticket. Since it was working with the earlier data pushes over the course of the day, I'm hoping it will work after tomorrow evening's, but I will be disappointed if I am unable to reach the Coulson progression as a result.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Just a note, but I'm having the same problem on Android (loads up, then black screen with "isn't responding" report/wait/ok. However, it works fine on Steam. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I manage to all the way in. But it stops at the vip bonus screen. I am not able to press the button. Or more correctly. Nothing happens wherever i press/click. So i can not pass that screen.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Just started getting this issue on both devices. One gets into the game and my device tells me MPQ isn't responding. The other device just has it crash out all together.
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Same problem on both my Samsung tab S2 and my Samsung S7. It hangs on the VIP screen first time, then crashes before doing anything on subsequent startups. Reinstalling doesn't help.
  • Blinkxi
    Blinkxi Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Same issue on my LG G2 Android 4.4.2. Never had a problem until now.

Took a screenshot of my opening screen that i cant get past:
    28bw5r6.png
  • Yip, same here. Playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Won't go past the loading screen then crashes icon_evil.gif
  • same problem still.. Android Note 5.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    started working for me 40 min ago
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey there, sorry to hear you're experiencing crashes. There's a known issue right now with Marvel Puzzle Quest crashing for many Android users. The developers are working to resolve this and a fix should be implemented soon.

If you wish to discuss the issue further among other players, we ask that you please look through the forums for a thread that is already discussing the issue before creating a duplicate thread. We wish to prevent the forums from being flooded by the same topic so that we can track the different issues that other players may be reporting. We have taken the liberty of locating said thread for you where many players are already discussing the problem: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60290

If you continue to experience problems with this issue and you haven't done so already, we strongly recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team who can more closely and personally assist you with the problem: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
This discussion has been closed.