Simple Crafting system for unusable/unwanted covers

ErikPeter
ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
A crafting system would give players even better directed progression and open up new uses for unwanted/unusable covers.

TL;DWR: One cover of each color at a tier can be converted to a cover of your choice at that tier. Plus extras.

UNITY

I propose that for each cover a player sells, they are given one 'crafting ingredient' item along with their ISO reward. The item received is based on the rarity and color of the cover--there are just 6 ingredients per rarity tier. Then, groups of 6 could be combined to create a special item which can be spent to increase any character power of the same rarity. (At the 3-, 4- and 5-star tiers this token would be spent in lieu of the normal CP cost, if available).

At lower tiers these 'Unity' items could also be spent to craft boosts and possibly other tokens such as Heroic or Elite tokens.

For example, if you sold a Green 2-star cover, (no matter which character) you would receive 250 Iso-8 and 1 Green S.H.I.E.L.D. Intel item. In a simple crafting interface, one S.H.I.E.L.D. Intel item of each color can be combined into a S.H.I.E.L.D. Operations Manual, which could be used to power up an owned 2-star as though applying a cover (including adding 1 level to a Champion), or craft 5 simple boosts.

Each rarity tier could have more exciting-sounding resources, if desired. E.G. 5-star resources could be "Infinity Stones" and combine into an "Infinity gauntlet".

(update) I think this would be a nice addition to the bonus heroes system, since it would let you get singletons you need for older heroes (e.g. those ones you have at 5/5/1) without favoriting them which can lead to disappointment.