How often are sales?

TheZeusBear
TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Already spent around $200 since I started playing a month ago and looking to make another purchase in the near future. Had a question about people who have played for a while if they have any knowledge on how often sales happen? If they happen at all. Should I hold off until it happens or just purchase now? At 68/68 with 3 champs waiting to be rostered.

Comments

• TheZeusBear
    mexus wrote:
    I've played since September or October. So far 2 sales (but not really sales, more like special offers really as the price was the same but we got more loot for the money)
    of my knowledge:
    Autumn anniversary and X-mas holidays, and oh, also some Lunar thingy. We also got double ISO-8 during these sales!

Hmm 3 sales in 4 months, not bad. I'll wait then for the next one.
  • TheZeusBear
    Was going to buy the stark bundle today but noticed a lot of negative feedback on update. Hold off until it gets sorted, or purchase away? Only 3 champs on waiver that all have 12+ days left.

Also, anyone have any info on when next sale is?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Was going to buy the stark bundle today but noticed a lot of negative feedback on update. Hold off until it gets sorted, or purchase away? Only 3 champs on waiver that all have 12+ days left.

Also, anyone have any info on when next sale is?

Sales are always at their whim. We know when they happen, no sooner.

In terms of waiting or not: I would say that if you are still enjoying the game and think you will continue to do so in the future, then base your decision on that and not what a bunch of other players think. It's your fun, after all, not theirs! icon_e_wink.gif
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    if your going to buy a Stark then try to join a buyers club alliance, and get 20X the cp bonus.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The idea with rebuilding 2* selling and rebuilding is getting the 3* champion bonuses and control point bonuses. Also until now at least, there were a lot of PvE events in which only certain characters were available so it was in your advantage to have these characters available since you only had like a dozen or so characters to pick from in the first place. Not sure if they have permanently done away with that or not.

When you sell a fully championed 2* character you get back about everything you spent on it (people argue endlessly about this) but it IS nice to get the extra 3* cards and control points.

One note if you are willing to spend for the extra slot you can have 2 of a character, build that character till it has 13 cards THEN sell your max champion, used the IO you get to level your new character, add 5K IO and you have a new champ. This way if you have a favorite, you will always have them around.

If you do this look at what the character gives as 3* reward rather than what the 2* character does themselves. For example 2* Cap is one of the worst characters in the game but he gives 3* Cap rewards. Moonstone gives 3* Hulk rewards.

Personally once you leave 3* level buying IO gets way too expensive for me. Leveling a 4* costs like 300K so you can't even make a dent with the amount they sell, so learn how to scrape every bit of IO you can from the game.