3* Falcon - Redwing Fortified tile

BigRussian
BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
I was playing the Big Enchilada yesterday. My team was Squirrel Girl, Cyclops and Mr Fantastic.

I had cast Imaginaut (twice) and was keeping the tile safe. Falcon came out in the wave, and activated his Redwing blue power. To my surprise, It turned my normal protect tile into a fortified redwing countdown tile. (the tile itself was created by MrF, but had been matched and was not fortified).
You can see the yellow fortified tile on the left hand side by my imaginaut power.
2017_02_28_20_31_54.png

2017_02_28_20_38_39.png

I haven't been able to replicate it, as I haven't found falcon as an opponent again. I posted a couple screens i took. You can see I had two imaginaut tiles out as well.

Is redwing supposed to be able to create a fortified tile? After I downed Falcon, the fortified tile stayed out.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is working as intended. Fortification protects a tile from being matched or destroyed, but does not protect against powers that convert the tile to something else. Your Mr. Fantastic created a fortified Imaginaut countdown, which Falcon converted to a (still fortified) Redwing countdown.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    This is working as intended. Fortification protects a tile from being matched or destroyed, but does not protect against powers that convert the tile to something else. Your Mr. Fantastic created a fortified Imaginaut countdown, which Falcon converted to a (still fortified) Redwing countdown.
    From OP "I had cast Imaginaut (twice) and was keeping the tile safe. Falcon came out in the wave, and activated his Redwing blue power. To my surprise, It turned my normal protect tile into a fortified redwing countdown tile. (the tile itself was created by MrF, but had been matched and was not fortified)."

Even if a tile was originally fortified, if it had been matched and subsequently un-fortified, should it not stay as a basic tile unless changed by a re-fortification?

Basically, why did Redwing re-fortify a tile that had already been matched and un-fortified once?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, you're right, I misread. Yes, Redwing should *not* re-fortify a tile.
  • BigRussian
    Thats right - Redwing re-fortified the tile that had been unfortified. There are two imaginauts still on the board, one is fortified and one is not. Then there is the basic yellow left after the falcon was downed.
  • BigRussian
    Weird for sure - I am going to attempt to re-enact the scenario and will log the results.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't we seen this issue before with... I want to say Prof X and invisibility tiles? Something happening to a tile that used to be (but is no longer) an invisibility tile?