Getting defeated twice

Options
How is it possible for the same guy to best me twice within 30 minutes time? I can't find the same players to easily win

I'm sorry if i'm reposting

Comments

• kz3ro wrote:
    How is it possible for the same guy to best me twice within 30 minutes time? I can't find the same players to easily win

Many players end up in a matchmaking "bubble" in which the game offers them the same five or six opponents continuously. Sometimes the same player will show up right after finishing a match. The matchmaking algorithms leave much to be desired.

Not that I could do better.
  • Ghast wrote:
    kz3ro wrote:

Many players end up in a matchmaking "bubble" in which the game offers them the same five or six opponents continuously. Sometimes the same player will show up right after finishing a match. The matchmaking algorithms leave much to be desired.

Not that I could do better.
    okay, that explains it all. Thanks!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2014
    Options
    kz3ro wrote:

The same person beat me 13 times in the Hotshot PVP last night. (which I had never seen before) Twice in 30 minutes is nothing.

EDIT: I should add that I only retaliated once. I was just stuck in their mmr bubble...probably still am.
  • yea you can actually hit someone quite a few times. I've had a guy get in my queue right after I beat them.
  • Or the same guy after you skip, that should never happen.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been seeing the same thing a lot myself since yesterday. In Hotshot... I keep seeing the same people over and over, regardless if I skip or not. Even if I match/beat someone, sometimes they are even there in the same node again - or right after another match. Don't remember seeing that before.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Recently Ive started seeing the MMR bubble get a tad worse. I fought someone only to see them as the next opp up. Skipped them just to see them a third time. Skipped again and finally had someone new. I would say there should be some sort of etiquette to skip someone if you see them over and over, but there really isnt much you can do other than beat them so your MMRs go in different directions.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Recently Ive started seeing the MMR bubble get a tad worse. I fought someone only to see them as the next opp up. Skipped them just to see them a third time. Skipped again and finally had someone new. I would say there should be some sort of etiquette to skip someone if you see them over and over, but there really isnt much you can do other than beat them so your MMRs go in different directions.

yeah... i seem to be in some bubble too. same 3-4 teams over and over again. expended all skips, same teams, play a match, sometimes the same person I just beat is a node again, and sometimes, it's someone new finally