Can you do popular heroes/villains first?

rekzkarz
rekzkarz Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
D3Go,

I'm older now, but at one point I was a Marvel comic addict & read oh so many comics daily.

I don't understand why Mordo, Howard the Duck, SpiderGwen, Coulson, and other characters get excellent powers (& even covers / loading pages), and yet whole teams of popular heroes & villains are absent. Also, theres a few where the power levels are completely wrong.

I understand part of the game is to hype new movies/TV, and that's fine. (I'm a semi-fan of Agents of Shield -- its a love/hate relationship, and still not sire why Coulson is in the mix! If hes gotta be here, he should be a 1* hero at best.)

Totally absent from game - orig Xmen (w/sad blue costumes), Xmen from #94 (Banshee, Thunderbird, Nightcrawler), Alpha Flight, New Mutants, + all the archetype Spiderman villains: Sandman, Rhino, Vulture, Electro, Mesmero, Lizard, Scorpion, etc

And I never liked over-powered heroes/villains (Spiderman, Juggernaut, IronMan) as 1* heroes while weak (or non-powered) heroes/villains (Black Widow, Fury, Howard the Duck, etc) are 4* and 5*.

I just wish all the great POPULAR heroes/villains would get good treatment, rather than Mordo or some other less significant side character.

Characters who I would like to see in game: Sasquatch, Northstar, Snowbird, Shaman, Guardian, Aurora, Puck, A-Bomb.

And please, *NO MORE WOLVERINES*!!!

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I understand there's a lot of factors that go in to deciding what characters are used. Yes, upcoming movie/show/comic tie-ins are part of it, but there's also usage rights issues. Marvel does not own all of the rights to all of their characters. Even the ones that they do own the rights to may be more expensive to license than what is viable for the game. Some rights holders flat out refuse to license their characters.

There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than people realize.
  • rekzkarz
    rekzkarz Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    You think they dont have rights to Alpha Flight or New Mutants?
    Harr to believe.
    As for Spiderman villains, I figured if there are 5+ Spiderman derivative characters, the the probably could do Sandman or Lizard.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Granted, we all know mutant licensing issues exist. That said, absence of MCU villains is a bit odd. Antman, but no Yellowjacket. Many Caps, but no Red Skull. Many Iron Men, but no Whiplash. You'd think they could work some of that out.