How much would you pay to change the color of a cover?

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have black Punisher (mine is 5/3/4), Green Red Hulk (mine is 2/5/5) and Green X-23 (mine is 5/3/3) all dying slow painful deaths.

I get 20 CP and roll the dice with a cover and many times it doesn't work out. I JUST heard the strategy about keeping a 120 CP stockpile to buy covers in case something like this happens. Sadly it's too late for all these covers but I'm beginning my climb to 120 for future pulls.

Anyway it had me thinking. I don't like colorless covers idea I've seen, but what if they offered an exchange program where you could swap the color of a cover for a HP or CP cost? What would you consider a "fair" price and what would you be willing to pay to convert a pull to that one color that eludes you on a premium 4?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    500 HP or 50 CP would be my limit.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More realistic price is in my opinion 1000 HP or 60 CP. The first is about half of the old HP price for the given color of the 4* (rounded down) and the second - half of current CP cost. Since you already have the cover paying "half" seems like an ok idea.

I wouldn't pay it for most 4* but I would for some.

For 5* you can extrapolate the price from the current cost. 360 cp or 6k HP (or just the cp). Still better than the current price but non the less rather steep.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So this is basically asking for a reduction in price on direct cover buys? Bc you can do it now for 20cp on a 3*, 120 cp on a 4* and 720 cp on a 5*. Already exists, and not likely to change.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So this is basically asking for a reduction in price on direct cover buys? Bc you can do it now for 20cp on a 3*, 120 cp on a 4* and 720 cp on a 5*. Already exists, and not likely to change.

No it's not because the person drew the cover, and your way doesn't work for people who have 5/0/5 (10/0/8) characters.

____

20 CP for 5's
    10 CP for 4's
    5 CP for 3's

no option for ones below that.

My personal take. Don't think it should cost as much as a new draw for tiers 4 and below.
    Even if those numbers were double it'd also be fine actually so long as you had the two weeks that it expires in to change it.

It'd benefit the game because if you got an awesome draw that you can't use, you'd either play for more cp (which you've likely just used) OR spend to earn CP.

To top it off it'd make the latest legends and classic legends system more efficient.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this some sort of covert market research?

The bigger question for me is, how long would I continue to play if they implemented something like that. Games that start to nickle and dime you at every corner get a bit grating. The concept of "Hey, you've spent some of your resources and got a reward. Now pony up more so you can use it!" just doesn't sit well with me.

Let's get it fixed the right way, without the devs trying to squeeze every penny out of the player that they can.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think 120cp to change the colour to one you don't have maxed is fair. CP is not a rare resource anymore and this is targeted progress and not dependent on RNGesus at all.

120cp for 4*
    240cp for 5*

No option for anything below as covers for those tiers are plentiful anyway.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Trade the cover you dont want and 20 cp I would be happy with that trade off.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Half the CP cost of direct buying a cover. So 60 CP for a 4* or 360 for a 5*.