Server issues fixed. But app wants a forced update.

Hottwhyrd
Hottwhyrd Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
But in the Amazon app store no update is showing. I understand the server outage wasn't your fault. But now forcing me to update to a non existent version is going to cost me placement in PvP, ruin my chances in pve, and also I will miss out on Deadpool tokens and CP. What am I supposed to do?

Comments

• knave28
    knave28 Posts: 2
    I have the same issue - it looks like the new version of the game is incompatible with my Kindle Fire HD. Which is almost five years old, so I was expecting this would happen eventually.

The problem is, of course, that the new patch fixes the Facebook login issue. So if I were to try and switch my account over to another device I'd lose everything since the last time I synced with Facebook, which was quite a while ago. And I have no way of getting into the (old) version of the game to get any other unique identifying information for my account because all it does is immediately bounce me back out to the Amazon app store.
  • I am also having the same issue, VIP expired yesterday and because of the mandatory non existent update i cannot renew or play the game.
  • I am having the same issue.... stuck in an infinite loop. Has a resolution been posted?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you haven't already, you should open a customer support ticket: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, sorry you're all experiencing this weird update problem. Have any of you tried uninstalling the application and clearing the cache on your device then reinstalling? It might help but if it doesn't then I would recommend letting Customer Support know. Any information your provide them on your specific experience could help a lot towards getting a fix out for this issue.

In case you're unsure of where to find Customer Support, you'll be able to send in tickets here:

https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Is there a fix for this yet? I've tried the above instructions, but I can't reinstall cos the game is not available on the Amazon App Store anymore. Has it been pulled from Amazon?
  • Franklin Bluth
    Franklin Bluth Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Still not working through Amazon.
  • Franklin Bluth
    Franklin Bluth Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    New update is up and working through Amazon.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Weirdly today, my app tells me to update on iOS, but I already have the latest update.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue here on ios
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone wrote:
    Hey guys, sorry you're all experiencing this weird update problem. Have any of you tried uninstalling the application and clearing the cache on your device then reinstalling? It might help but if it doesn't then I would recommend letting Customer Support know. Any information your provide them on your specific experience could help a lot towards getting a fix out for this issue.

In case you're unsure of where to find Customer Support, you'll be able to send in tickets here:

https://d3go.com/mpq-support

It went away, but now it is claiming I am not connected to Facebook so cannot send rewards even though the box is clearly checked.

Maybe hold off on uninstalling if backups aren't working right?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. What operating system do all of you use? I personally am on a Android and don't seem to see this occurring. Are all of you on iOS?

Update: In addition, I received word that Marvel Puzzle Quest is currently not being supported by Amazon for the Kindle Fire HD (2012), so we are investigating further to see what's going on.